FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 10-17-2012, 05:06 AM

Smile GoPro HD Hero 2 on sale

Maybe not the area to post this but Cycle Gear has the GoPro HD Hero 2 on sale for the next 5 days , $199.99 . At that price you can afford some of the accessories that you need and still be under the normal sales price . Excellent video camera for those Honda Benly action shots we've al been waiting for !

Smithers , move this if you feel necessary , but I just wanted the max amount of people to see this .
Unread 10-17-2012, 07:42 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

No problem buddy. Everyone needs one of these... if they can stand being tied down to a computer to play the videos back and upload them.

They are selling the HD 2 for $199 because the new GoPro HD3 is coming out here real soon.

You can get the base model GoPro HD 3 for $199 so hold out for the new one. There are 3 different GP HD 3 models coming out. The $199 is all you need. The $299 comes with some more mounting stuff and a little more capability that we don't really need. The high end model comes with a wireless remote control that is REALLY handy for $399.

Here is more info: http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/17/g...mera-hands-on/

I'm totally happy with my HD 2. The HD3 is something like 30% smaller and has better still photo resolution at like 12MP now. If I didn't have one at all I would definitely wait and get the 3.

You should be able to get the HD 2 for $150 or $100 used now at least. There will be a LOT of people selling their HD2 to upgrade. They are awesome. Even the 2 is great but I think the sound on the 3 will be a lot better. They supposedly redesigned the sound components. The sound is my only gripe with the GoPro's.

Here is my latest video I took last weekend while riding a Honda 150... not not a Benly! A Honda CRF150 dirt bike. What an awesome bike for a little one. It would be an awesome engine to put into a Benly... hmmm. I took the video backwards to watch my friend chase me on his 450 and to get some better shots of the scenery behind me. Pretty amazing and cool little camera.

If you open this video link make sure to select "720p" to get the higher resolution when you watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGALYzfHgHI

All stock. Rear suspension preload (only thing you can adjust on these) cranked up all the way with the baffle removed from the muffler

Unread 10-17-2012, 07:44 AM
Admin

If anyone else has any videos feel free to share them. This will start up the video sharing section I guess. Fun stuff.
Unread 10-17-2012, 10:00 AM

Great video ! Yeah ,I kinda thought GoPro is coming out with a new model and that's why the price is so low . I've seen them everywhere in stores but at the retail price of $299.00 . Just at the local Honda shop last week and the parts guy was putting up a new display with GoPro 2's . Must have had 20 of them . I'm sure they'll be really happy to know their GoPro 2's at $300 are obsolete !
Still , A good bargin at $200.00 if your in the market .
Unread 10-17-2012, 05:45 PM

Default Dirt Biking

That is a neat video, those crf's are great bikes, Now I want a crf150, we have a crf(80 I think) that is too small for my son anymore I wonder if they have any trade up value toward a 150? I put 7,000 dirt miles on my SL100 when I was a teenager.
Steve
Unread 10-18-2012, 06:23 AM
Admin

My GoPro HD2 was a gift earlier this year then GoPro was blowing them out at Laguna Seca Raceway at the Moto GP event for $199. There was a steady line of almost 20 people for two days straight at their booth. They even put us on an email list and told us that the offer was still good for 2 weeks afterwards as long as we watched out inboxes for an email from them with the coupon code. 4 more of my friends bought them when I forwarded them the email. I knew there was something up if they were selling their top of the line model for 199. If you use them they are worth it. You know a lot of people buy them and don't use them.

CRF150: What an awesome little bike. I WISH I had one of these when I was a kid. I can't believe how fast and reliable that little bike is. There are always kids needing a beginner bike so you could probably sell the 80 and move your son up. The 150 I have is on permanent loan from a friend as his ex-wife used it a couple times. He let me come get it out of his storage to play with. He knows I can't help but restore anything I touch so I painted some parts, tuned it up, put new bars and protectors on it and cleaned up the corrosion from sitting near the ocean. The CRF150 is one of best bang for the buck dirt bikes ever.

Me and my girl just bought a practically new 2008 CRF230 last week for $1600. She has a ripping 2 stroke but I need her on a 4 stroke that she can ride all day on and not get so tired. It totally worked too. She rode the bike all day and could climb and descend steep trails much easier. The 230 and 150 are the exact same bike with just a little difference in overall size and wheelbase. I have more fun on the 150 but I'm sure the 230 would be a better overall bike if I had to choose one. As long as your son can control the CRF80 he can probably skip up to the 230. Just something to think about in case you run across a good deal on either bike.

The SL100 is a famous little bike indeed. While considering bikes to restore I don't want to pay to register a small single cylinder bike... too slow and can only go on the street? Nah not for me. I was considering a CB100 but then realized restoring the SL100 would be a lot more fun... but I can't find one! Seems that a LOT of guys that restore bikes have history with the SL100 so they snatch them up. One will find me someday. It would look good next to my CL70.
Unread 10-23-2012, 06:19 PM

The new Sony Action Cam is said to obsolete the Go Pro.......that is why the new lower prices.......competition!

http://store.sony.com/c/Action-Cam-F...ony_Action_Cam

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...op+Nav-Search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvfXW...eature=related

Last edited by 1911tex; 10-23-2012 at 07:06 PM.