FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 01-18-2010, 07:15 AM

Default Almost there!

Bike was stripped to a bare frame, blasted, painted, and has been my project for a few months now.

Mounted up my handlebars, hooked up the throttle, put my new Honda OEM mirrors on, connected up the front brake, new Firestone tires mounted and balanced, tank is painted and chrome is perfect and polished, carb fully rebuilt, new battery in, wiring straightened out... so close to being done!

Still have to make my exhaust pipes (have stockers but want straight angle cut pipes), paint and mount the fender, and some other small odds and ends.

Motor purrs perfectly. Have to play with the jetting a bit, but should be easy enough.

Anyways, just a couple pics!

Before:

Now:

Unread 01-18-2010, 08:29 AM

Formula for straight pipes for your CA95:

1-1/2 industrial conduit. Measure from the end of the exaust pipe from the motor to however long you want.

Buy a 1-1/2 to 1/4" exaust pipe reducer from Advance Auto Parts or other auto store.

If you have a welder friend or can do it yourself. Weld the reducer to the conduit and grind the weld smooth. if not, drill a hole, where you can't see it and put in a small self taping screw.

The 1-1/4" reduced pipe will fit perfect on the motor exaust pipe, yes it is a SAE to metric fit. I know, I did it.

Find a 1-1/2 motorcycle exaust hanger (J C Whitney) and bolt the exaust pipe to the kick stand bolt-or, what I did was to modify the passenger foot peg mount and welded it to the exaust pipe. I will try to search some pics for you.
Unread 01-18-2010, 08:37 AM

I'm no fabricator...

Chance you'd make a set for me? Could do it same time as the directionals if you'd like. Let me know!
Unread 01-18-2010, 08:50 AM

If I had not sold my bike I could have. I don't have the measurement from the kickstand bolt to the pipe. The straight pipes don't hang at the same height as the mufflers. The mufflers actually compensate for this difference.

I could only do the pipe and reducer. I have a fab shop that welds for me. It's the mounts that I can't guess.

Also, the straight pipe ends would be cut flat end or at an angle.

The pipes are polished steel not chrome, so you could plate them at a pricey cost. I kept mine shiney with my rouge and buffer...no one questioned.

So...long winded, yes on the pipes, no on the mounts..sorry

Attached for all is an early shot of my bike as it was being assembled with the straight pipes shown:
Unread 01-19-2010, 07:24 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Check out this nice exhaust. It's not the best view of it but it sure is custom that's for sure. Just a different way to go that looks easy to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3fxprPmqP4