FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 10-22-2011, 07:31 PM

Default Anyone have a tool kit or old Honda tools?

I'm trying to put together a tool kit for my Benly using the original style tools. So far, I have Pliers, 8 & 12 mm wrench, 17mm spanner, and a 22mm spanner. All of these are Hm branded. This is after scouring all of the local thrift stores .

Does anyone have any of the original benly tool kit they would mind parting with? (Screwdriver, spark plug wrench, other wrenches/tools,etc.)

I would love to find on of the original tool rolls, since all you can find on ebay are tool bags.
Unread 10-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

I was going through an estate sale yesterday scanning the loose tools for the honda logo. I always scan through the loose tools at thift stores and yard sales. Very hard to come by that stuff but there is a lot of it out there. It would be cool to have a complete list of what came in the tool kit here as well. I think the thing with the Honda tool bag is that the tools were such good quality that people took them and used them on different things. That has to be why they are so hard to find in the bikes themselves.
Unread 10-23-2011, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithers View Post
It would be cool to have a complete list of what came in the tool kit here as well.
Page 99 of the Honda factory manual for the CA95 lists out the contents of the tool kit. Not sure how accurate it is across the different years, but it does spell out a real nice selection, even a file for the points! What I found so far doesn't match 100%, but I really can't complain

If you like, I could post a copy of the page in question.

Last edited by comp_wiz101; 10-23-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Unread 10-23-2011, 07:16 AM

It my be a reproduction but RetroBikes has a basic kit.
http://www.olypen.com/retro/HA-000-705.jpg
http://www.olypen.com/

Eric
Unread 10-26-2011, 03:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake
Default Tools

In addition to what Com_wiz101 mentioned, there's the following page from the Parts Manual that shows the tool kit and lists each component. It mostly matches what my '65 tool kit contains. I like the tappet adjuster tool ... works quite well. My kit also has a small ignition points file in it, but apparently a previous owner may have tossed that in since it's not in the illustration below.

Unread 10-26-2011, 04:54 AM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

One more point ... if your tool kit has an original vinyl tool bag, it's likely gotten stiff. For my tool bag I cleaned the vinyl with soapy water and treated both sides with Wizards Leather Plus, which works on vinyl, too. It softens the vinyl to reduce the age-related cracking and splitting. I use this on my seats several times a year, too.

There are similar products, of course. It's good to take care of the tool bag, too.

Unread 10-26-2011, 05:41 AM

Wizards makes great products ! Metal polishing to sealers work very well .