FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 09-29-2012, 06:22 PM

Default Under restoration

In my messy garage a photo of progress. New tires and tubes from a vendor who spoke on this site. Both Duro brand 3.00x16. $140.00 shipped with tubes. Dunlop copy. It would be nice to do a full restoration, but bux rule. Most everything was disassembled, cleaned and greased. More to come. Thanks to all here...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (280.4 KB, 46 views)
Unread 10-01-2012, 05:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

I always enjoy watching a bike come together. Thanks for the pic. Think you'll have it on the road before the cold weather arrives?
Unread 10-05-2012, 04:43 AM

Have to agree , it's always gratifing to see a project coming back together .
Looks like your doing a fine job and soon we'll have another Benly on the road again . Right On !!
Unread 10-06-2012, 10:16 AM

BTL and all. Sure wish I could do a full restoration, ala white stripe tires, paint and rebuilding the engine painting the cases, etc. Maybe even lacing new wheels. I've combed Ebay for various parts at what I consider a deal. This Benly will ride the roads running nicely, but not as pretty as some I've seen restored here.
I'll probably not have it road ready for a couple of months, but here in NC the winters are mild.
One thing- I read some talk about hiring out having tires installed, that it is difficult. Two tire irons, some soapy water and some baby powder is all it takes. Had mine on in about 15 mins. each. I was going to have my local shop get and install them for me, but he never got back with me. I can't remember the shops name I ordered the Duro 3.00x16 tires from, but the shipping was free and fast. He sells those German tires mentioned on a post here.
Thanks for all the help here folks. More pics and questions to come...
Unread 10-06-2012, 03:31 PM

Erik S: We had discussed the difficulty of installing 3.25 x 16 tires. The 3.00 x 16as you mentioned, are not a problem to install. If it takes you several months to complete your CA95 restoration.......that is much better than my 1-1/2 years. Keep at it! Progress Pics?
Unread 10-08-2012, 05:06 AM

Sorry, I didn't remember the 3.25x16 tires were discussed. My bike had Ohtsu tires 3.00 x 16 front and 3.25 x 16 rear. I decided to go 3.00 x 16 front and rear as the rims are the same size. Also monetary considerations. Cheapskate me. I'll post more pics. Thanks.