View Single Post
Unread 05-08-2012, 05:39 PM

Default witch city bit**

Up north of boston(title needed an explanation), I discovered this one.

tires were flat(one was original?). the seller said the "carb needed some adjustment" and overall a little tlc.

dragged it to my driveway, fired up after some kicks and the electric. then....nothing.

so new battery, new plugs, new needle and jet in the carb, new tires, and finally life. but only when jumped.

took off the case for the kick start, put it back, now that works after a couple kicks when its cold.(it just slipped with no compression before) but i didn't do anything except change the oil.... anyway, took it for a drive and now I'm getting picky.

so the right boot for the spark only fires when it is slightly ajar. this is an easy fix BUT.....

the carb overflow is leaking a fair amount of gas. it has been. apparently there is a small brass tube in the bowl. regulates overflow. well supposed to be. there is nothing in there. its not listed in the parts or manual or anywhere. but it should be there! where do i get one??? anyone have a pic or measurements so i can make one??? my friend says this is never going to be a reliable ride, but i totally disagree. under 5k miles, feels great, sounds...ok -missing that sewing machine sound. but overall i think i got a good bike.

and the electric start...
button is missing. well, broken. no big deal there for now. once i put the new points on, if its still not starting on that, could it be the ground cable? going to experiment a little tomorrow.

so for now, ANY help about ANYTHING on this bike is appreciated. thanks in advance, i will be back here way too much in the future.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5Z15F95M63Gc3Mc3Nec2oa1dd3659765d1987.jpg (11.8 KB, 15 views)