View Single Post
Unread 04-09-2012, 04:54 PM

Been collecting more parts. I am going to do this build a little different than the others.

I had a change of heart about painting before assembling. I plan to reassemble the bike as is, with the exception of cleaning, lubricating and making sure the bike is mechanically sound. This way I can make all of the adjustments and repairs and not have to worry about the paint. The tires, tubes and rim strips are on order. The starter motor which was really corroded was cleaned up and put back together. I'm not sure if it's going to work. If not, I will get one off of ebay. I also found a set (actually I bought 3 sets) of Buco Twinmaster saddlebags with the hangers. I plan to wire them up along with turn signals.

I plan to try a couple of biker experiments.

I am building drag handlebars. Using new bars with salvaged handlebar ends from the original damaged set. Then building the controls.

I have a ca95 chain guard. I bought a ca95 swing arm and I will try to retro fit the guard. Not sure I wil be able to do this. I should start having pics within a couple of weeks.