Thread: Garage find
View Single Post
Unread 02-19-2011, 11:53 AM

Default 40 questions

I'm just starting out on this slippery slope of motorcycle restoration//repair so I have a few beginner questions.

forst set of questions is about the exhaust mods you mentioned. ceramic coating in cherome finish? wha does this look like, how expensive is it and whay are you choosing this over chrome. In regards to the fishtail muffler you mentiond, I did a breif search and was just curious how you will mount it will you use a muffller that has a mount bracket that you can make an adapter for or will you use a universal mount. how do you get the inlet on the muffler to match in diameter to the honda header tubes, is there an adapter?

on the motor you are building it looks like the case is painted with two different collors of paint. is this a design decision or the correct color paint for the bike. What kind of paint process dod you use on the engine?

Sorry for all the questions. I am getting closer to acumulating all the parts I need and I am starting to think about the process and which way I will go with my bike. My first goal is to just get it together and running. I will then decide if I will focus on just getting it road worthy, or do a compleate strip down. Right now I am leaning towards a strip down.

I work with wood for a living and I have mostly vintage tools, some I have restored and some were in good useable condition. I have a tendency to not tear a tool down and restore it if I get it in good running condition and start using it. This is why I am leaning towards just geting the ca95 running but not necessarily road worthy and then striping it down.

I like the stock restorations but I also like some of the customs, particullarly Spokes black bike with the downswept pipes, solo seat and the ct90 style rear rack.

Robin