Thread: Help.....ca160
View Single Post
Unread 05-10-2009, 08:00 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Awesome! Make it like you want to make it. It's a great engine but it's all 6 Volt so it might be a little tricky to do things with the electrical... nothing you can't figure out. The rectifiers are pretty good so I wouldn't do anything to it. All the rectifier does is convert AC current into DC so it won't need to be updated in any way. If you want to do turn signals I recommend buying regular turn signals and just finding some 6V bulbs to go into them. Easy stuff I'm sure you know.

Save the handlebars and the seat! You can sell them to help pay for your new mods. I can't wait to see some pictures of it. How many miles?

You NEED to find a Honda CA160 manual for your engine build. There is a lot going on in there and the service manuals are simply amazing. They explain every single detail of the bike, the engine, the wiring harness.... You can EASILY get them for under $20 US. You will have a great time reading the vintage manual. They are so much better than what they have today. They explain the functions of components like condensers, regulators, rectifier etc. You will not regret buying a manual!