PDA

View Full Version : the babys home finally

wnbasac
04-23-2010, 03:41 PM
after i drove 400 miles to get the bike it was a different story when i got there
>
he loosened the handlebar clamp and pushed the bars all the way over the top cutting the wires off but it didn't really matter cuz the both switches were completely shot.
>
after driving that far i was coming home with a bike! i call another guy in the area that was selling his 305 dream but he wasn't home and it was pouring rain so i bought it and brought it home.
>
i located both switches and there on there way
>
the wiring is going to take me awhile to figure out but with the battery connected and the key turned to the 4th spot the light does come on
>
put gas in it and gave it a few kicks but no luck starting it, aahhh tomorrows another day
>
here's some pics of the baby and my little baby
>
Have a Hondafull Day

hoghungry1
04-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Wow -purty nice find! Mine wuz a rust bucket. Ya done good!

Smithers
04-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Whoa someone put some serious work into that. Look at the polish on the side case. Nice tires too. That's ready to ride.

Hey what tires are those? They look pretty modern and ready for some kickstand dragging for sure.

Brewster
04-24-2010, 04:46 AM
Yes, very nice !! The case covers polished looks good. What size are the tires?

Spokes
04-24-2010, 07:42 PM
You might find this helpfull.
http://www.fourwheelforum.com/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=161

wnbasac
04-25-2010, 02:32 PM
thanks Spokes for the ignition schematic , i bought a service manual thats on its way
>
the tires that are on the bike are: Kenda Cruiser S/T 100/90-16
>
i also have a question about the wiring? after i removed the headlight and took a look i started to trace the wiring from the horn switch ( red & blue to the head lamp - green to the single green output / double intput from key switch and to speedometer lamp-black to black
>
starter switch is jack and will have to wait till its replacement arrives but i left the wiring in the handlebars so that i could tie it up to the new wiring and pull it thru ( yellow wire / red stripe to same )
>
speedometer lights???? schematic shows one lamp but theres TWO??
posted pick, are they hooked together in series??
>
thanks and have a HondaFull Day

Spokes
04-25-2010, 03:44 PM
No. Your "center" light is your highbeam indicator, You will find a dual connector on the blue wire from your headlight. It should be connected at that point. Some headlights that are fitted from other years or new replacements may not have the double contact needed. Tie it in to the blue wire. That's your highbeam.

wnbasac
04-25-2010, 04:38 PM
thank again Spokes i will do just that
>
i scoured the country for a petcock and finally found a rebuilt one, mine needs a fuel strainer and a fuel lever so now i can contnue to search to for those parts to rebuild mine
>
Thanks again and have a HondaFull Day

grandolepete
09-15-2011, 11:52 PM
lovely bike! just wondering what size tires are on that thing? love 'em! any info?

kartgreen
09-16-2011, 06:11 PM
If owning one`is good than owning two can only be better !!
I have a petcock that should have the parts you need .PM me an address and I'll send it to you. We're away this coming week ,left today but I'd be happy to send it when we get back home .
Actually ,I'm tired of the leaky cranky old stock petcocks and have coverted 2 of my bikes to standard Paughco petcocks . One bike I welded a plate,drilled and tapped for 1/4" npt, over the mount on the tank and the second bike I welded a 1/4" npt coupling to a 7/8ths flat washer and drilled the washer for the tank mounting holes .I have a 3rd. tank ready to weld a 1/4" npt half coulping to the old petcock opening and I'm going to weld the 3 mounting hoes closed .

wnbasac
09-18-2011, 01:49 PM
the tires are Kenda Cruiser S/T 100/90-16

see spokes's thread on tires for alternative sizes and brands