PDA

View Full Version : You guys wanna cry?

hoghungry1
04-23-2010, 03:17 PM
:mad:My friend just called me from Carlise Pa at the big swap. He found a Benley carcass. I told him buy the petcock, the headlight and the side covers fer Spokes.

Guy sez OK (cheap!) and my buddy walks off looking fer more stuff. Comes back and the dude took a pair of channelocks to try and remove the petcock. My pal sez I got some pieces. Spokes needs a good bowl anyhow...

I guess I should have explained how it attaches?????

PS! he is there all weekend so tell me whay ya need ASAP!

Smithers
04-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Just offer him $50 and take the whole thing home. :D

hoghungry1
04-23-2010, 05:10 PM
WELL UH --

He is driving a very nice classic Lincoln and he hauled my last donor home in the trunk of the same car. It has that great dead body trunk. Wasn't too keen on the idea but we knocked it apart , lined the trunk with dumpster cardboard and it happened. If I ask him to do it again, he will not be amused...He is there and I am here. I am tempted to drive up (2hours plus) and join him but there is a HD swap here in town and I need to weed some of my own stuff just to help pay fer Honda parts (Now THAT is fukkin crazy to a HD guy!)

AND! iffen I drag home one more dead bike there will be trouble in Paradise. I love my wife and where I live. I will be happy with the crumbs he brings me.

Spokes
04-23-2010, 05:42 PM
Too bad about the petcock. But what's done is done. Thanks for thinking about me. Only parts left needed besides the side covers and petcock are the clutch and front brake handles with their perches. It might be better to ask for the handlebar assy. It comes off with 4 bolts and everything comes out. The bars can be bent or rusted. I think I have good one's coming my way, anyway.

Maybe a tailight and for sure a footpeg bar(attaches under the motor) Don't spend too much as May is going to be a tight month.

hoghungry1
04-26-2010, 08:53 AM
Just spoke to my friend. The seller guy CRUSHED the entire petcock and got mad. Bike had no side covers, Spokes. He did get me a headlight and a trim ring. Shucks!

Big event in Canfield Ohio this weekend. Friday, Sat, and Sun. I am a going with him this fukkin time and carrying metric tools (don't tell my HD pals!). Wish me luck..

PS -the bike was pretty well picked , someone already got the coil, but it did have wheels. He didn't think I wanted em. He said there were 3 Benlys there -ALL picked clean.

Spokes
04-26-2010, 11:31 AM
That's OK. The petcock you sent me is fine. Remember the bowl? How the bottom hex head was so buggered? Not anymore. Below are two pics of the bowl repaired and slightly polished.
http://www.fourwheelforum.com/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=172
http://www.fourwheelforum.com/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=171

The hex head originally was a 16mm, now it is a 5/8.

The petcock is a hot item, so it was a shame one was wasted. The whole assembly is made of cast pot metal which is very soft. Oh well.

The side covers, if you find one, great, if not, sooner or later one will show up. Push come to shove I will buy some asian ones and reinforce them with the same adhesive that repairs the old Harley bags.

Your shocks will be done soon and returned. You will never find a cooler set.

hoghungry1
04-26-2010, 11:36 AM
So yer telling me buy every petcock I see off the uninformed this coming weekend? Might find a dozen!

Yours looks lovely..

Spokes
04-26-2010, 12:19 PM
Buy every petcock you see like the one you sent me, any condition. pm me for more info!

wnbasac
04-26-2010, 01:15 PM
Ummmmm, so are there any interchangeable petcock parts from one year, model to another?
>
i found one in Pa and i'm in Ca.
>
Have a Hondafull Day

Spokes
04-26-2010, 01:44 PM
From my experience, the fuel petcock mount and function are the same for the CA95 1964-1966 and the CA160 up to 1968 for sure. My CA160 petcock has a swivel gas port where as the CA95 has a fixed port. Not an issue.

I was searching CA95 from 1959-1966 and CA160 1967-1969 for a fuel petcock for my 1965 CA95 build.

I guestamate that there are other models with the same fuel tank delivery system. The tank I found for my Honda CA95 build is a 1959-1962. The petcock I rec'd is a 1964-1966 vintage. The fit is exact. The tank and petcock mounts for the CA160 are also identical to the 1959-1962, CA95 tank mount. Always get what you can. If it does not work out, you can always resell it. Watch out for calcium build up on the old Honda fuel systems, usually it means corrosion problems.

Smithers
04-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Now now boys don't be hoggin the fuel petcocks wherever you go now.:)

hoghungry1
04-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Why Smithers! I am gonna be the Hunt Brothers of ca95 petcocks....