PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Nige1100s
03-20-2010, 01:55 AM
Hi im a new member from England. I have had my C95 since 1986 and have just rebuilt it with new piston rings i picked up on ebay. I have been on the look out for a manual and found one through this site.

Well that was the good news. Having read the manual i have just discovered that I have put in the top and second rings the wrong way!!!!!!!.

Thought you guys may enjoy tha laugh at that.

Guess ive got a busy day in the garage ahead.

aaron7
03-20-2010, 04:43 AM
Welcome to the forum! Post some pics of your bike, we'd all like to see it!

Nige1100s
03-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Put the rings in the right way now. Id put the bevel edged ring as top but according the manual its 2nd.

Anyway all back together now and starting first kick or push of the button.

Smithers
03-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Good to hear you got things done right now. Nice looking bike. How many miles on 'er?

Sam Green
03-22-2010, 04:05 AM
Put the rings in the right way now. Id put the bevel edged ring as top but according the manual its 2nd.

Anyway all back together now and starting first kick or push of the button.

Welcome Nige, tidy looking bike with modified chain guard.
Looking at your mirrors in the picture, are you expecting to be attacked from above:D:D:D:D
Where in the UK are you ? a place where stone is plentyfull I guess.

Sam.;)

Nige1100s
03-22-2010, 01:07 PM
In the Bristol area. The chain guard was made about 18 years ago out of an old stage heater wrapped around a broom handle. Been on the lookout for a chain case for years but ive kind of got used to the look.

Nige1100s
03-23-2010, 12:04 PM
It had about 33,000 miles on it in 86, hasnt done many more since

Sam Green
03-24-2010, 12:57 AM
That's quite a lot of miles for one of these motors Nige. I would imagine, if not hard ridden, they would last a good while.

Sam.;)

Nige1100s
03-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Never know if to trust the mileage, could have picked up a new speedo at some stage. It looked a bit rougher in 86

Smithers
03-29-2010, 01:13 AM
I wouldn't mind painting mine blue. That is one of the nicest colors I think. Not very many bikes of that color putting around.

Nige1100s
04-02-2010, 03:11 AM
I guess you guys have an annual safety inspection, in England its called the MOT. My last one on the C95 was 9 years ago so after rebuilding the engine with its new rings I decided it was time to get back on the road.

I dont know about you guys but the morning of the test is generally an opportunity for the bike to play up. No exception yesterday.

It fired up nice and ticked over lovely so i rode it round the block, running sweet but no power! No time to spare so i set off for the test centre hoping it will clear but it didnt, 30 flat all the way. So i leave it for the test and go for a coffee and start thinking perhaps it was only on one cylinder.

When I go back its ticking over and the tester says its all legal but has fuel coming out the left pipe so I pull the plug cap and no difference. We check his plug rack and nothing to fit but he goes out the back and pulls out a box with a thick layer of dust on it with a stack of D8HA plugs in it. I put one in and fire it up and its back to normal. So the tester passes it and at £1 each i buy a pocket full of spare plugs.

Great to be back on the road again. Just need it to stop raining.

Smithers
04-02-2010, 06:53 AM
Haha that's how it goes! Fouls up just when you need it to behave. :D Yeap these old bikes need new plugs every once in a while... unlike modern bikes from the 70's+ that seem to go a lifetime.

Sam Green
04-04-2010, 02:38 AM
Congrats Nige, guess you sorted the ignition problem then, have a nice Easter riding.

Sam.;)