PDA

View Full Version : Engine Timing Set Up

65Honda
03-13-2010, 08:23 AM
A question for the old Honda experts: I am getting ready to assemble the 150cc engine for my C95 (Not CA95 as I have recently learned) What is the correct position/proceedure to install the cam chain? Guess I should really be looking for a proper engine manual....

Sam Green
03-13-2010, 09:48 AM
A question for the old Honda experts: I am getting ready to assemble the 150cc engine for my C95 (Not CA95 as I have recently learned) What is the correct position/proceedure to install the cam chain? Guess I should really be looking for a proper engine manual....

Cam wheel marked 0 at 12 oclock, crank sprocket mark at 6 oclock.

Sam.;)

Spokes
03-13-2010, 10:38 AM
I knew the pic I took when I set the timing on my CA95 engine would come in handy. This is what Sams advice looks like using a laser light.
http://www.fourwheelforum.com/picture.php?albumid=11&pictureid=89

65Honda
03-13-2010, 03:40 PM
thanks guys. I'm still waiting for the chain tensioner. Soon as I get it I will be carry on with reassembling

Smithers
03-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Great use for a laser level light/ laser light. Perfect for pointing things out while taking pictures. Never thought of that.

65Honda
03-14-2010, 01:06 PM
hmm. You are right. I have one too and would have never have thought of using it for something like this

Smithers
03-14-2010, 10:03 PM
I need one of those fancy laser things now. That's a great idea for pointing things out while taking pictures! Good tip. Chip has totally redeemed himself.. we'll let him stay here in the forums now. :)

Sam Green
03-15-2010, 03:54 AM
I need one of those fancy laser things now. That's a great idea for pointing things out while taking pictures! Good tip. Chip has totally redeemed himself.. we'll let him stay here in the forums now. :)

Real cool:cool::cool::cool: Spokes is our hero:D:D:D Wish I could post pics.:(

Sam.;)

Griff
03-26-2010, 11:30 AM
I have a question on this as I'm doing the same thing this weekend.

I may be reading this wrong but my Honda manual seams to show the (o mark) on the cam to be at 12 on center line and the (o mark) for the crank at 12 too ( on the top side of the center line)? See the pic from the manual.

Also, when I turn the motor to try to get the crank at 6 it interferes with something just before it and won't go (I assume hitting the valves?).

Confused?

Spokes
03-26-2010, 03:32 PM
The crank mark should be at 6 o'clock. For sure. I had a devil of a time with this issue as well the 1st time around. The engine pic with the laser line started and ran perfect. 12 o'clock cam 6 o'clock crank in line as indicated.

Griff
03-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Great, I did it and it seams to be fine.

Now on to adjusting the the valves.

Any tips?

Steverinomeiste
07-15-2012, 09:07 AM
I don't know what I woiuld do without you guys. I indexed my cam and crank yesterday. I was very careful to follow the procedure as outlined in my Honda factory manual. I set both crank and cam marks at 12. When I turned the engine over to check it out I was not happy when the compression stroke exited through the intake. I came to the forum, did a search and in seconds I had the answer! Thank You. Think of all the CA95 projects that are being seen all the way through to completion because of this forum. Awesome.

Sam Green
07-16-2012, 03:06 AM
I don't know what I woiuld do without you guys. I indexed my cam and crank yesterday. I was very careful to follow the procedure as outlined in my Honda factory manual. I set both crank and cam marks at 12. When I turned the engine over to check it out I was not happy when the compression stroke exited through the intake. I came to the forum, did a search and in seconds I had the answer! Thank You. Think of all the CA95 projects that are being seen all the way through to completion because of this forum. Awesome.

The payment advise for information used will be sent to your email address shortly.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D