PDA

View Full Version : Mono seat and rack??

Griff
02-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Has anyone bought on of the mono seats and rack off Ebay? If so how are they?

I want to have a rack on mine for beach gear/groceries, and I'll never need to ride two up on this thing.

Any thoughts?

I was thinking this one....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-SOLO-SEAT-Lugguage-Rack-HONDA-C92-CA92-C95-CA95_W0QQitemZ180425847951QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotor cycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2a0237f48f

the seller said he could make/send one to me in chrome for the same money, and i can pick an color seat too. I was thinking a red or white seat

Spokes
02-07-2010, 12:15 PM
I don't know anyone who has purchased the solo seat and rack. I fabed my seat and modified a rack from a Honda 90 Trail bike but, can't do another until I finish my project. The one on eBay looks good, and most likely fits. I like chrome, seat color, what ever makes you happy.

When your done, solo seat, chrome rack, white walls, original turn signals....it will be a show stopper!

With these asian guys with "make offer" option on ebay, always low ball'em on the first offer. I would offer $125.00 with chrome rack. Can't hurt. Your the customer. Be aware that it can take up to 7 weeks to get here.

I bought the chrome safety bars(crash bars) for my '65 CA95 from asia. It took 7 weeks to arrive. I got them a week after I sold the bike. They sit in the closet.....

aaron7
02-08-2010, 05:22 AM
Also be aware that many Chinese-knockoff sellers post a pic of the BEST part they have and the one you receive might have casting marks, odd-dyed plastics/fabrics, nics, scratches, etc.

I've bought much from a_msupercub and many parts (foot rubbers, light lenses) have arrived and looked like something that was tossed in the Q/C department. He's made good on some of it but just be aware.

Spokes
02-11-2010, 04:53 PM
You won't believe it, but just after I said that I did not know anyone that ordered the solo seat and rack...well, i'm liquidating some CA95 stuf for a friend, and I rec'd a super nice solo seat for the CA95. New never unwrapped. It has a black top and white sides with Honda in red across the back. I also have the rear rack and handle.

I have listed a complete new aftermarket exaust system and much more.
Check the thread "stuff for sale" and you will find my ebay id. I will be listing more soon. Real Cool Stuff....

Spokes
02-12-2010, 09:00 AM
check the pic at: www.apexcycle.com it is the exact seat. Mine has never been opened. Apex charges $149.00 including shipping. It is a nice seat for sure.

The rear rack can be found on ebay as well for $120.00 + $50.00 Shipping, so 170.00. Now I have to be open about the rack. It is nice, but it looks like it was sandblasted and crappy painted. OR it is new, and painted crappy. If I was to keep it, I would have it repainted, then it would look sweet.

The best thing to do is just bid. you may get it cheaper as the winner. If I put it on as a "BUY IT NOW" by the time you see my email it might be gone.

I think both the seat and the rack will bring about $215. New from both vendors would be $319.00 and from one asain vendor as a package would be $269 and 7 weeks. Should you get it from me, basically 5 days ship time to you via fedex.

grandolepete
09-15-2011, 11:43 PM
suppose you got or not, but, i would like to say i got the black solo seat with a chrome rack. like a golve baby! sharp! gotta cut a hole though!

grandolepete
10-03-2011, 01:22 PM
mutual_motorbike on ebay. i hate to take advantage, although they have had a few flood problems and can only ship chrome. i obliged.

grandolepete
10-17-2011, 01:08 PM
yep, brand new black seat and black rack for sale

ByTheLake
01-24-2012, 04:23 PM
yep, brand new black seat and black rack for saleDid you find a buyer for the solo seat and rack?