PDA

View Full Version : BRAND new carbs on ebay $60 shipped!

aaron7
09-29-2009, 02:15 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Vintage-Benly-Touring-C95-C-95-Carburetor-Carb_W0QQitemZ350256460086QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotor cycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item518ce97136&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Thoughts?

What's worse? A 40+ year old original carburetor or a new China carb??

SixtyFiveCA95
09-29-2009, 06:33 PM
You might want to read this ebay review first. Some guy bought one from the same dude, and it didn't fit. If you look at the second picture of the carb, you can see that it wouldn't. It already has bolts in it, and a correct CA95 carb would be drilled to fit the bolts that are already on the engine:

I am restoring a 1965 Honda Benly 150 motorcycle. I needed a carburetor and bought one from jamina_75. He and a few others over there are selling them but they DO NOT fit. I have been promised a refund for the past 6-7 weeks but it doesn't appear to be coming. Only promises from this unscrupulous dealer. I payed $70 including shipping by Paypal. He asked for me to return it which I did and that cost me $25 by registered US mail. Paypal then tells me registered mail cannot be tracked online so I was at the mercy of the jamina_75 crook. Paypal will throw you under the bus if you don't send it back with some kind of online tracking even though I have the receipt showing it was sent. Also bought a return receipt option from the Post Office which is supposed to come back to me but it has not. I feel they probably destroyed that with the compliance of a crooked Bangkok Postal system. I am now just out the $70, plus $25, and HE HAS THE CARBURETOR! Despicable crook!! Watch out for jamina_75 and other Asian vintage cycle dealers. That was my first and last purchase from over there!!!

P.S.: They are STILL selling the same part as fitting a CA95 Honda and neither Ebay or Paypal cares!

SixtyFiveCA95
09-29-2009, 07:27 PM
You'd be much better off getting a carb kit for the original carb than taking a chance on Thai stuff. The rebuild kits cost $25

:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-BENLY-CA95-150-KEYSTER-CARB-KIT-1959-1966_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQh ashZitem588316404bQQitemZ380156395595QQptZMotorcyc lesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Smithers
09-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Ooooh nice tip about those carb rebuild kits! They look nice! Hmmmm. I would like to pull the studs out and machine the carb to make it fit. It looks decent but carbs have to be spot on in quality to work properly.

Also a friend of mine goes to Thailand every now and then for scuba diving and whatever else. He says they have no tools over there so they literally build motorcycles with the most basic hand tools you can imagine. They probably think that modifying parts to make a motorcycle work is normal procedure and we should be happy to buy crappy parts. If you look at pictures of the tiny scooters they ride you can tell that they just piece them together and run them forever. I advise everyone here so be SUPER SUPER careful when buying stuff from over there. Communicate with the seller once or twice before you buy the item to confirm is it WHAT YOU THINK IT IS. They misrepresent parts as original Honda alllll the time. They will give you all sorts of excuses saying that it's OEM - NOS - Honda Quality! - and the list goes on and on and on! They even put reman / aftermarket parts ON TOP of some original Honda packaging paper and boxes to trick you into thinking that is what the parts were wrapped in! WRONG!! I'm starting a new thread on this because fraudulent motorcycle parts are being misrepresented on Ebay more and more.

** Here we go, my rant of the day. :-) I've seen so many people get screwed by bad sellers and PP so I have to just drop everyone a hint here so bear with me **

Here is another tip. BUY SHADY ITEMS WITH A CREDIT CARD. Link up a major credit card with your Paypal and let them fight the fraud - that's what you pay them for. Don't let Paypal take directly from your bank acct. if you deal with anything from out of the country or something that seems too good to be true! That way you can make a request to Paypal to be nice. They will deny you of course - then you just have your money refunded by the CC company and then Paypal will contact you immediately and say they are working to punish the fraudulent seller. A friend of mine just went through this and it's the only way he rolls now.