PDA

View Full Version : Information on a CA77??

KellieLyne
08-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Hi everyone,

I know this thread is about 150's, but I need some information on 305's. Hubby bought a CA77 305 (we think it's a 1963) but we are not positive. Can we use other year parts for the resurrection of this beast? Do we have to stay with Early model parts or can you use Late model parts too? Where do the differences come from in Early Models and Late Models? Any info?

Smithers
08-26-2009, 08:18 PM
Hi there. I wish I could help you out but I haven't had to work on any CA77's or restore any. I'm not positive on interchangeability among that model. There are plenty of parts out there for those and by looking at the exploded views of all the parts you should be able to get a pretty good sense of what can be swapped out between the different years. You can also head over to a Honda 305 forum like this one: www.honda305.com. (http://www.honda305.com/forums/index.php)

They are easy to work on and awesome to ride. My father has an original 305 Scrambler and there is nothing that feels and sounds like it. Awesome bikes. Good luck!

SixtyFiveCA95
08-26-2009, 11:15 PM
The only difference is the tank, otherwise everything else is the same, all the way through '69.

KellieLyne
08-27-2009, 06:12 AM
Thanks for the info. I stumbled upon this website by accident, and I didn't realize that there were lots of threads for all different issues/subjects. Thank goddness for the internet! BTW, still working on the CA95. Hopefully I can get the smoke issue cleared up after new rings and pistons. At least I know where to go when I need some help. Again, thank you!