PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Go-Cart

Spokes
11-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Some friends (married couple) at the shop found a pretty rough go-cart for their kids for xmas. They both served in Afganistan(sp). Cash is tight, they paid $75.

I took the project as a secret santa. I regret not having a start pic, but I will post a final pic. It will be "Spokes" cool.

Larzfromarz
11-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Let us know if we can contribute anything- Truth is I thought of 160 powered go cart but I'm too fat for those toys...

Spokes
11-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the offer, but I got it covered. It's a typical project for me. The only investment is a new carb, gas tank cleanout and clean derust, repair a bunch of small stuff & paint.

It has a Subaru Robin engine. So waking it back up after years in the barn should be straight forward.

Smithers
11-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Awesome! Sounds like fun to me. Wish I could help. The only thing around my neighborhood needing help is my neighbors "in-laws" lawn mower needing a carb and fuel tank cleaning. :( No fun but he said he would pay me... I'll just ask for some beer I think.

Larzfromarz
12-22-2012, 09:52 AM
Christmas is upon us- did this one get finished?

Smithers
12-23-2012, 08:12 AM
I was wondering the same thing :)

Spokes
12-26-2012, 06:58 PM
Yes the cart was done! I wish I could download the message video sent to me xmas morning, it was way cool. The cart was painted yellow and had black foam & yellow duct tape holding it in place. The theme was yellow jackets (a local sports team)

I installed new wheel bearings, carb, derusted the throttle linkage, gas tank and hardware. Repaired the seat frame and built new seats. I even got a chance to take it for a spin around the lake.

Thanks for asking. It was a cool xmas for three young sons.....no charge (ho Ho Ho)

Smithers
12-27-2012, 12:48 PM
I would have died and gone to Heaven for anything gas powered for a Christmas present when I was a kid! Great work - I'm sure they appreciate it. Glad you didn't hurt yourself ;).

ByTheLake
01-10-2013, 12:49 AM
What a great story, Chip. Maybe we can get those kids to post a pic of the finished cart, since I don't see any here. :)