PDA

View Full Version : EZ-GO Club Car Special Project

Spokes
08-24-2012, 06:10 PM
I never know what God sends me. I'm not a religious guy, but....

We have a lake in our neighborhood. A neighbor several houses away, who is 60 yrs old and has MS, uses a golf cart (electric) to ride around the lake. Last evening, 8-23-2012, she ventures out of the cart to pick buckeyes for the grand kids school project. She forgets to set the brake and when she got back into the golf cart, hit the "gas" pedal and drove the golf cart into the lake....up to the windshield. The seat floated and saved her life. She crawled out of the lake and drug herself 100ft to my next door neighbors home....after dark. We spent an hour dragging out the golf cart...which was in front of my driveway

She's OK. I was telling the wife the other day how I was thinking of restoring a golf cart....By the grace of God, Karma, Vibes, or whatever directs life....My new project is to salvage a 2006 EZ-Go Club Car.

So far I have to buy a motor controller. No biggie. I will update as what it takes to put this gal back on her cart.

Larzfromarz
08-25-2012, 05:52 AM
God places us where he needs us doesn't HE? You are blessing to all here and where ever you are. Thanks Chip, it could be any of our family in trouble.:D

Spokes
08-29-2012, 04:04 PM
I appreciate your kind words Larz.
The cart is finished. I installed a new controller, dried out switches and cleaned connections. (I rinsed the cart clean just after the cart was pulled from the lake) No pics but the cart looks like new. End of project.

Larzfromarz
08-30-2012, 03:47 AM
Quick close and back to motoring around the Lake.Well done Spokes!

kartgreen
08-31-2012, 05:13 AM
Chip , great job at helping out your neighbor , what goes around comes around . It's easy to say let someone else handle the problem , it's just as easy to say let me help . What's the better reward !
Don't know if you remember our pond when you visited but last summer my wife and I along with my neighbor and his grandchildren were feeding the fish at the pond . His grand daughter who was 8 yrs' old and has driven her grandfathers golf cart ( with him in the cart ) jumped in the cart along with her little brother . She was giong to drive to us on the other side of the pond . Grandpa saw her and yelled at her to not drive the cart and at that moment she hit the throttle and drove the front of the cart into the pond . Everyone was O.K. but to this day she hasn't tried to drive the cart again !
I'm glad your neighbor's O.K. and you and the other neighbors were there to help .