PDA

View Full Version : New Rock Crawling Lights!

Smithers
05-06-2004, 01:58 PM
I acquired two new sets of fog lights recently. I have always wanted to put some lights underneath to spot with at night so I went for it. I mounted two lights on each side of the frame back above the middle of the driveshaft. I pointed them across from each other so that they were able to project light further. Then in the rear I put one pointing forward from the rear and then I put the other one pointing rear from the middle bed rail.
They sure do a good job showing me whats under my truck at night. Now when I'm rolling around at night and need to spot whats under my truck it's no problem. Plus I have very good light while backing up :D
I'll get a picture to post later tonight when it gets dark.

Smithers
05-22-2004, 07:57 AM
Aha I finally got a picture. I plan on getting an action shot one of these nights like next Memorial Wknd! So anyway check it out ---->
http://www.fourwheelperformance.com/phorum/trucklightsm.jpg

What a great backup light source :D

Smithers
06-02-2004, 07:51 PM
AHHHH I had my undercarriage lights on for a while in the evening crusing around on the sand and the fuse let go! How discouraging. So the next day I checked it over and it was a cheap fuse holder that was to blame. The fuse blade didn't make good contact with the reciever for it so it was arching and eventually fried it. So I just stuck another one in there really good and held the blade tight so that it wouldn't loosen from the plastic.

Sometime when I get the prerunner stuff built on I'll redo all of the wiring for all the new lights with a new electrical harness so this works for now. B)

Smithers
01-30-2006, 11:31 PM
Cheapo lights finally corroded to death. I seriously need to find some new ones and put them on a new switch and relay. I'll have to wire a new switch panel to account for all the new toys going in the cab.