PDA

View Full Version : picking up my baby tomorrow best anti- theft lock?

wnbasac
07-08-2010, 03:36 PM
I read everyday where someone has had there bike stolen.

these bikes aren't that heavy so how or what do you use to deter theft?

I'm sure many hondells have parked there bike for a lengthy time and wanted it still there when they came back - what was it your picture hanging from the handlebars, a bear trap,a tethered homeless person whom you feed to stand guard????

just wondering what was the best available

thanks and have a hondafull day, lou

Spokes
07-09-2010, 06:50 AM
The best thing is the steering lock. If someone wants it bad enough they can get it. New cars, trucks, semi-trailers and tractors are stolen all of the time. I keep an eye on mine, lock the steering and insure the bike. Keep in mind that no physical item is worth the risk of harm or exposure to a low life thief.

dickevins
03-24-2011, 11:51 AM
The best thing is the steering lock. If someone wants it bad enough they can get it. New cars, trucks, semi-trailers and tractors are stolen all of the time. I keep an eye on mine, lock the steering and insure the bike. Keep in mind that no physical item is worth the risk of harm or exposure to a low life thief.
Hey Spokes; in Texas one can generally use deadly force to protect our property from thieves. Interesting arrangement. That's more secure than an anchor chain off of the Ronald Reagan. Of course you or a law abiding citizen must observe the thief in action.

Smithers
04-01-2011, 09:52 PM
What I also do is bring along a small padlock. You can put the lock through your chain so that you can't roll the bike. This is an easy way to keep the bike from being easy to roll away by a thief. I usually keep a small diameter cable that I run through jacket sleeves or helmet to lock to a bike too.

Greggo325
04-07-2011, 12:32 PM
What I also do is bring along a small padlock. You can put the lock through your chain so that you can't roll the bike. This is an easy way to keep the bike from being easy to roll away by a thief. I usually keep a small diameter cable that I run through jacket sleeves or helmet to lock to a bike too.

+1

The sad truth is that if someone wants your bike bad enough, they'll get it. But I always leave my bikes parked with a thick flexible bike lock through the spokes, even in my garage.

Smithers
04-07-2011, 01:11 PM
I've read that a lot of motorcycle guys have installed these in their garages and rest easy! Looks like a great way to add a little extra insurance. http://www.amazon.com/Driveway-Patrol-Sensor-Receiver-Kit/dp/B0000645RH/

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41g3-mwgCuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

acollins24
06-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Hey Spokes; in Texas one can generally use deadly force to protect our property from thieves. Interesting arrangement. That's more secure than an anchor chain off of the Ronald Reagan. Of course you or a law abiding citizen must observe the thief in action.

Hey there, that's why I make sure my truck has multiple protection systems like the wheel lock, remote alarm and keyless entry just so I can sleep safe and sound.