FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > Buco Saddlebags Repair and Help Topics

Unread 06-12-2010, 01:39 PM

Default 1965 ca95 w/buco bags-spokes special project

For all to see.
A very special friend of mine wanted a set of Buco Saddlebags for his 1965 CA95. He wanted lights, turn signals and a Spokes mac daddy Buco Saddlebag Restoration. The bags are hanging by my custom fabed stainless steel hangers. The lights are fitted with double filament 6 volt bulbs. All saddlebag chrome was re chromed. He sent the after market rack to me for chrome plating. The bags are painted Corvette White. I am so proud of the results I have to share with all.
Unread 01-19-2011, 05:47 PM

That is some seriously nice work. Nice bike. The rack looks suspiciously like a mid to late 60's ct90 in chrome. Any clues to were it came from?
Unread 01-19-2011, 07:57 PM

Actually, the rear rack comes from Asia that fits the CA95. You can find them on eBay, but not chrome plated. The owner of the bike sent it to me to be plated. I had to have it sandblasted and then prepare the metal for chrome plating. The CT90 rack is too narrow to fit the CA95. The pic below shows one of my custom CA95's using a CT90 rack modified to fit the bike.