FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 12-22-2013, 05:31 PM

Thanks for all the help. Got right cover off and clutch plates were all stuck together. Soaked the in engine cleaner can got the apart and cleaned up. Called local Honda Dealer and they ordered new screws for me - said they were aluminum but old screws were magnetic ? Anyhow, working toward getting bit back together.
Walt
Unread 12-23-2013, 06:29 AM

Correct stock screws are steel. Look for a local fastener supplier they should be able to help you out. Even Home Depot probably has metric cap screws you can use. Often times this is when folks upgrade their fasteners. It really helps in the long run.
L
Unread 01-05-2014, 04:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk View Post
Don't ca95s have voodoo screws where the thread pitch is different from modern metric screws found at the hardware store? I ordered exhaust studs for my painfully slow benly refubishing project and they are different from all the nuts filed in my coffee can of metric nuts and bolts.They didn't fit the treadserts that I was trying to use either. curses, foiled again!
The smaller diameter screw sizes on the CA95 (3mm, 4mm or 5mm) will not match the thread pitch of modern metric screws, so you'll want to retain those fasteners when you can.

This thread covers all the details on the switch from Japan Industrial Standard (JIS) metric to ISO metric.

Tags
honda c95 benly dream