FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 02-05-2011, 08:46 AM

Default General parts questions

I have a couple of general questions about restoring a bike, and I'm useing the word restore very loosely here. I am not sure if I am going to restore my bike as much as put it back on the road for the time being. Even so I would kind of like to have the correct parts on it so I can tear it down at a latter time and restore it.

So here are the first of many questions I am sure. I have seen both black and grey cables listed on ebay, which is correct for a 64 ca95 ?

Where does one get hardware? What I mean by that is that I am missing a few items and when I locate these on ebay they never seem to come with the nuts and bolts that attach the part to the bike. Is some of the hardware used on a ca95 still available from a honda dealer?
Unread 02-05-2011, 09:00 AM

Grey cables were standard. The clutch and front brake cable had chrome elbows.

99% of the nuts & bolts are standard metric with the exception of badge screws which are special. On the 64-66 models the rear "Honda" retangle badge screws will interchange with tank badge screws

You can individual engine oil seal and phillips screws from your Honda dealer at a premium.

When I lived in Bowling Green, KY I got 99% of my replacement screws from a place called Diamond Screw on Nashville Rd. in Bowling Green. I plan to set up an account myself now that I'm gone.

Gaskets can be found in asia, but I use them as patterns or use a special aircraft grade sealant with the asian gaskets.

I would list what I need here on the forum.
Unread 02-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

You don't want to go try and get hardware for these bikes from a dealer. They won't hardly know where to look in the Honda inventory anyhow. Plus you'll be shocked how much they will want for a couple nuts and bolts. Just post here what you need and you just might get some help.
Unread 02-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

I've been told that Motion Pro can make any type of cable you need. I'm thinking of giving this a try next time I need something. You can get educated on the terminology by looking through their website http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/custom/ then you could just call them up and ask them for help or advice. I've heard of people having great success using them for custom cables.
Unread 02-06-2011, 07:43 PM

Thanks for the encouragement. I was hoping there was a source other than the honda dealer. When I got my ct 90's I stoped in to ask about a few parts and I have not been back to buy anything. There are a few things that look the same from my 1968 ct 90 and Dr ATV has a few nuts and bolts for it as well as some hose and wiring connectors.
Unread 02-10-2011, 09:36 AM

Bikebandit has some stuff listed. Mostly common stuff that interchanges with a bunch of other models. But you have to use 1959 for the model year (first year). Ohiocycle.com also has some parts.
Unread 02-11-2011, 08:59 AM

I have read about an early vs late model of ca 95 and I think my 1964 is a late model. is there some info some where that tells what parts from both models are interchangable or what parts pre different is that is a shorter list?

I have seen some parts that have the 1959 model year designation such as control cables and I have passed them by in the past. I will have to give them another look.