FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 05-24-2012, 05:29 AM

Lightbulb Jetting for extra umph

Done.

Last edited by Jetblackchemist; 11-09-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Unread 05-24-2012, 07:44 AM

I just asked my brother about this and he told me that the benefits of changing the jetting vary by elevation. For example, I wouldn't see the same sorts of increases in power in Tucson, AZ (elevation 2643') as jetblackchemist in Columbia, SC (elevation 295') because more air than fuel is needed in my mixture to compensate for the lower concentration of oxygen in the air.

I am interested in knowing what kind of air filter you run. Is there a K&N that fits properly? Do you just use a UniFilter? Do you know any part numbers?
Unread 05-24-2012, 07:54 AM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

From my experience, these tweaks are often more frustrating than beneficial. Boosting jets and swapping needles (or using a different carb) makes a small difference, then as you've clearly mentioned, the exhaust and induction come into play. More tweaks occur then the bike doesn't idle right or hesitates at certain RPMs. Some folks will then swap camshafts, which shifts the whole equation again. It can end up feeling like an endless string of adjustments.

From my perspective, if you want a faster bike, get a faster bike. I'll leave my CA95 stock.
Unread 05-24-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckets81 View Post

I am interested in knowing what kind of air filter you run. Is there a K&N that fits properly? Do you just use a UniFilter? Do you know any part numbers?
I found a universal K&N filter part#RU-0360 fit quite well, it fits without the use of the factory rubber boot, so directly onto the carb outlet..
Unread 05-24-2012, 01:39 PM

Done.

Last edited by Jetblackchemist; 11-09-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Unread 05-25-2012, 04:13 AM

And a good job too Jet! Mods are not for everyone and thats fine too. Room for both.
L
Unread 06-08-2012, 04:55 AM

Jet, you would never be able to tell the difference, even a dynomometer would not show it.
At a guess, I'd bet 95% of people wouldn't be able to tell the performance differences in the C95 and CA95 and there's 3bhp extra.
The race kit for your motor consisted of an open megaphone exhaust system, High comp pistons, high performance camshaft and a different carburetta.
It cost a fortune back in the day and only yeilded 1 bhp more, It was hard to feel the difference but your lap times would come down a little.
The performance of any motor is affected by the Relative Air Density which can change by the minute affecting or improving your bikes performance.

Sam.
Unread 06-08-2012, 07:38 AM

Done.

Last edited by Jetblackchemist; 11-09-2012 at 09:58 PM.

Tags
jet size, jets, needle, needle clip, power