FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 08-22-2011, 10:07 AM

Default newbie needs horn advice

Hello, all. I just got my CA95 on the road, with the help of a local mechanic. I have a laundry list of things to fix/install, but at the top of that list is repairing the horn. I tried to find a thread but the search won't play nice with "horn" as the keyword.

I don't know if the current one is broken, so I'm thinking about uninstalling and checking the wiring. Smart first move?

Thanks,

Penguin
Unread 08-22-2011, 02:12 PM

disconnect the wiring to the horn, make two jumper wires (two pieces of plain wire with the ends stripped any type of scrap wire will work) connect two jumper wires to the horn one each post, then connect one jumper to the negative terminal on the battery or another battery, then touch the other jumper wire to the positive on the battery. if the horn sounds, the horn is fine, if not replace the horn. let us know what the results were and we can go from there.
Unread 09-14-2011, 05:17 AM

If you've tried the horn by touching the leads to a battery and it doesn't work take the horn apart and check that the resistor leads are not broken .
I just repaired a horn ( resistor lead broken on one side ) and the horn works fine now .
Unread 09-14-2011, 02:47 PM

Shame on me for suggesting replace, I am happy to know it can be rebuilt
Unread 09-14-2011, 04:23 PM

There is a volume adjustment inside as well. Turned in too far or turned out too far, the horn will not sound.