FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > Aprilia Mille RSVR - 1st Generation

Unread 02-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

How hard could this stuff be? Well this is an Italian bike so it's a delicate process as I have found out. Aprilia Mille owners aren't supposed to check their bikes oil cold. You must warm the bike up by riding it around 10 miles and then quickly come to a stop and look at the sight tube. OH and it can't be too full HAHA! I love it.

But that's not all!! There is a chance that oil can regurgitate up into the airbox from the breather valve (I guess that's where from I don't care because it gets in there one way or the other). And just for this occurrence Rotax was kind enough to design a little clear tube that is ready to catch that oil from the corner of the airbox. Isn't that nice? Here's the catch... you have to pop the end off of it and drain it every once and a while. So while you have the side panels off the bike sometime take a look under the airbox on the throttle side of the bike. You will see a clear tube that's maybe 4in long and just hangs there. If it has oil in it, take the end off of it to clear it out. Done deal.
Unread 05-12-2008, 06:29 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

I have tons of information to post here but it's only interesting to mechanic types. I've been having too much fun with the addition of the new Akra exhaust so I'll get to posting more info on the coolant lines later this week. h34r:

Thanks for looking, more coming all the time.