FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > Honda Dream CA160

Honda Dream CA160 The old black horse

Unread 03-01-2013, 08:02 AM

Default Original Style Whitewall tires

Does anyone make whitewalls that match the originals? All I find are much wider than came on my 66. I'm still riding on the factory tires and getting a little scary out there.

Originals are shown in picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0514 (640x480).jpg (256.4 KB, 13 views)
Unread 03-01-2013, 08:35 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

I'm in the same boat as you. I have my originals and have stopped riding my Honda 160 simply because I can't find the thin white line originals to replace them. I haven't seen anything besides the really wide white wall tires.
Unread 03-01-2013, 04:57 PM

Yup I think the wide whites were on the Ca95 and the Ca160 was the thin whites. Just put on cheap (ish) real black walls and ride the damn bikes. Why let a stupid whitewall ruin your riding? Keep the originals and sell them with the bike.
Unread 03-01-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzfromarz View Post
Yup I think the wide whites were on the Ca95 and the Ca160 was the thin whites. Just put on cheap (ish) real black walls and ride the damn bikes. Why let a stupid whitewall ruin your riding? Keep the originals and sell them with the bike.
Cuz I go ride this instead.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Red Seat.jpg (76.3 KB, 14 views)
Unread 03-02-2013, 04:17 AM

We're stuck with Coker Tire repoping the Firestone widewhite wall tire . Although not the correct whitewall for the later model CA160's their a better alternative to riding around on 50 year old tires .I have several CA95's that we show and don't really put any mileage on and I've kept original tires on them . We always unload the bikes from the trailer ride them to the designated area ,so people do see them running but sooner or later dry rot is going to take these tires also .
A lot of us have searched all over the world to find new replacement whitewall tires without any luck . Tires and the lower half of the chain guard seems to be the only parts various Asian shops are not reproducing !
But again as others have stated ,if your riding your bike a good set of tires are essential for your safety . The other thing I would add , if your keeping an old set of tires on your bike at least replace the tubes with new ones .
Happy riding and welcome to our little group !
Unread 03-02-2013, 07:38 AM

I'm a big guy 6'2" and 240 lbs and the little 160 is not something I bought to ride often. It has under 3000 miles and therefore never worn out the tires. I'll take it for a short buzz around the neighborhood and that's about it. I have a restored 305 dream. It has the newer wide whites on in already and it pulls me around a lot better. I ride the bigger bike more often. My plans for the 160 mostly involve a few local shows a year and a short trip for coffee once in a while. Other than that the 305 or a modern bike comes out to play.
I read some guy painted his whites on. Is that possible? Somehow I know I would not do that project very well.
Unread 03-03-2013, 04:55 AM

I tried a product called Ranger whitewall paint and it didn't work .Poor adhesion to the rubber . Took me almost 3 hours to remove , scrape off the latex paint from the sidewalls . I also sent a pair of tires to a company in South Carolina that molds whitewalls to car tires but the little 300 x 16 tires were too small to fit the moulding press they had .
Also tried portawalls from Moon Equipment but they would pucker and not lay flat against the tire sidewall .
At that point I decided that blackwall tires looked really good on the bike !
Coker finally made a run of whitewalls of which I purchased 3 sets but I still have the blackwalls on my blue custom CA95 .
Kinda like my efforts to adapt a modern Mikuni carb to the ca95 engine , a lot of trial and error and no result .

Last edited by kartgreen; 03-04-2013 at 04:23 AM.
Unread 03-06-2018, 04:00 AM

Adding the latest (as of 2018) to this thread.

Coker now makes the narrow whitewall https://www.cokertire.com/tires/styl...whitewall.html

And even more interesting, the Thai's now seem to be replicating the original whitewall AND tread from "Vee Rubber Performance Tires". http://www.veerubber.co.th/

No use putting an eBay link here because it will be expired for future readers. Trying searching eBay for "HONDA Benly C92 CA92 CB92 CS92 C95 CA95 CB95 F+R Tyre Tire White Wall , 3.00-16"