FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 10-04-2012, 04:51 AM

Default Pistons

We have a new member that has not been able to post on our forum.

Below is an email to me regarding pistons. I would like some input as I'm not sure of the answer. Quote;

Hi Chip and thank you for your reply. I have signed up for FourWheelForum, however it's not allowing me to post any questions for help.
If you don't mind I do have one more question that I am in need of some information.

I was told yesterday that my 1966 Honda C95 needs new pistons and rings. I was told to get .25 pistons and rings and the mechanic would then bore out the head which would essentially result in a new set up for the engine.

The problem I am having is that every one that I speak to, including the mechanic is giving me conflicting details about the proper pistons to buy.

I've done a ton of research on this and believe I have located the proper pistons and rings I was asked to purchase.

My bike as I said is a
1966 Honda C95

It is a 154CC engine

On the side of the actual existing piston, it reads
ART A951360

I contacted a gentleman in Ohio who specializes in these bikes and he indicated that the CA95 and the C95 apparently have different pistons.
He gave me a part number for both
C95:
Rings: 13020-201-000
Pistons: 13102-201-010

For the CA95 he said the part number is:
13102-206-010

I asked him do I go by the Vin which begins C95E, which in my mind would result in the C95 part. He was unsure.

So I searched and searched and found one distributor of the C95 Part numbers. It's out of Thailand on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370575149435...S:1123&vxp=mtr

Would you believe this to be the proper set that I am going to need?
I apologize about all the information, but as I said I've had several people, including the mechanic telling me completely different information. After visiting the shop yesterday and viewing the existing pistons, the form, bevel of the top of the piston, the small round flat spot on the top, etc. All appear to match up exactly with the images from the ebay Ad.

I do appreciate any light you can shed on this. I've read through literally every post you've written on fourwheelforum and if anyone is going to know about this, it appears it is going to be you.

Thank you for your help.
Micah
Unread 10-05-2012, 12:53 AM

Hi Chip, I got a PM from a guy going by the name of Rocketsled which I forwarded to Ryan, I'm not sure if this is your man Micah.

I registered and activated a new account yesterday and it looks like my account is still awaiting...something. I can't post or reply.

Whatever, if you are reading this Micah, the rings are all the same for C/CA.
The pistons are slightley different but both will fit in either motor without any modifications to the head.

If you need any further help, you can contact Chip (spokes) or myself at [email protected]

Sam.
Unread 10-09-2012, 09:10 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Got Mr. Rocketsled registered. Awaiting his presence.
Unread 10-20-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithers View Post
Got Mr. Rocketsled registered. Awaiting his presence.
That would be me, but I didn't have any Piston questions.
Unread 10-21-2012, 11:29 PM

Welcome Mr Rocketsled

The plot thickens, who is the mystery guy Micah

Sam.