FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > Cool Motorcycle Pictures & Stuff

Cool Motorcycle Pictures & Stuff Other motorcycle related stuff and some pictures.

Unread 07-30-2012, 08:03 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers
Default 2012 Laguna Seca Moto GP Weekend

Had the pleasure of heading up to Monterey for the Moto GP races this past weekend. Over all I'm just bummed that I didn't see as many motorcycles attending the event or inside the parking areas. In the past I remember fields of motorcycles in the parking areas and spilling out around the edges of the road that circles the track. This year the lots weren't near as packed as in the past and I didn't see anyone showing off their custom and classic bikes like I had witnessed in the past. Even Ducati island didn't have as many Ducs parked in the area. That's the economy for you.

We did have some fun and I did get some good pictures that I'll post up here in the near future. I injured the tip of one of my fingers so I'm not up to typing a whole lot right now. I did manage to upload a video of Ben Spies sliding out on his Yamaha. The word is that his Yamaha suspension failed and you can sure see it while watching my video. He was in a comfortable 4th place when he went for a ride down the exit of the corkscrew. I'm really happy he's not injured anymore than hurting his ankle earlier in the weekend. Don't forget to make the video quality high resolution. Sorry for the fence in the way but I was just sitting on the ground trying not to get in anyone's way while watching the race. It was packed with fans up against the fence and I never expected what unfolded right in front of me on what I thought would be just another pass down the corkscrew in the middle of the race.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE