FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > Honda Dream CA160

Honda Dream CA160 The old black horse

Unread 07-18-2015, 11:37 AM

Default Introduction

I'll try and make it short. I'm 57, live in Charleston SC. As a hobby I've restored cars all my adult life, life changing auto accident in 2003 required me to switch gears to less strenuous restorations. Last motorcycle restored was a 81 Harley. I currently have two 1966 CA 160's. Over the last couple years I've been collecting parts and ideas. This forum has been a great source and a great read.

I currently have one apart and have started stripping and repairing. I've had great success using a reverse electrolysis tank on all the metal parts. By the time it's cool enough to paint I should have everything ready. Paint theme is a two tone, Corvette Red and VW Reflex Silver. I was pleased and surprised at the availability of parts from the Local Honda dealer, most are OEM and a few have been aftermarket sold through the dealer. I usually sell my projects to finance the hobby but I will be keeping one and the other will be a project for my son-n-law.

I am also finishing up a restoration on a 65 Buick Skylark GS, it took a major backseat while life got in the way after my accident. All it needs now is paint and interior.
Unread 07-24-2015, 02:37 AM

No Longer Available

Last edited by Spokes; 11-18-2015 at 03:20 PM.