FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 07-03-2011, 10:41 AM

Default Adjusting the valves

How hard is it to adjust the valves on the CA95. We hear it ticking a tad, and one of our friends who is a bike mechanic said, you should adjust your valves. However when I asked him if he wanted to do it for me, he said it was a pain in the A*s. Any thoughts?? Recommendations??
Unread 07-03-2011, 07:19 PM

Yes, your friend is right, adjusting the valves is a pain. If you can, try to locate where the tick is at. Open the valve cover and slightly close the adjustment. The pisser is that you need a special wrench to turn the micro small square tappet stem and hold it snug while tightening the lock nut.

Keep searching for a old time small engine mechanic...we are getting fewer and fewer.

Or..live with it, hey it's an old bike!
Unread 07-04-2011, 09:02 AM

Here's a pic of a tool I made to adjust the valves with . As you can see in the photo it's just a piece of scrap aluminum with a slot (3-32nds) . Works fine just fine although I may cut a second slot on the side to have 2 ways to access the adjuster screw .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P7040406.JPG (277.5 KB, 28 views)