FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > Aprilia Mille RSVR - 1st Generation

Unread 04-30-2008, 09:00 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Yeah I can't take it anymore. I don't know why I waited so long to get rid of it. But since the bike is undergoing some surgery it's definitely time to toss that charcoal canister out of the back of the Aprilia. I'll be doing this over the weekend and I can't wait to see how nice and simple things are going to look without all that crap wrapped around the back end!

For now I want to send anyone who interested over to Apriliaforum.com by AF1 to have a look at the "how-to" done by Radiclus. I'm VERY happy to have access to his information because he did a great job taking some pictures and explaining just how he did his operation. He definitely saved me some time.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthr...arcoal+canister
Unread 05-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Admin

So here is a view of what I need to get rid of. This stuff is ugly back there and just takes up room.

After the PowderCoating of course...

Hopefully I'll have time to rip this stuff out tomorrow.
Unread 05-12-2008, 06:31 AM
Admin

I got all this stuff done along with the re-routing of the lines from the throttle bodies and everything else. I'll be posting all my changes and make things look as simple as possible. Removing all this crap really saved some weight and was VERY easy to do. I got a picture of the bag of parts that was removed and it's a good chunk of weight.

More coming this week. Busy Busy.
Unread 07-25-2008, 12:49 AM
Admin

I still haven't gotten around to finishing this topic. Removing the canister is super easy though. Just plug off the right side vent from the airbox. Here is a shot of the new clean hose I put on the airbox overflow. The stock one always turns brown and hard to see through. This new high capacity clear hose is the way to go.

And here is a bunch of junk that you will have to store once you take it all off. At least you have plenty of extra hose now and also a few fasteners.