FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 03-29-2012, 03:12 PM

Default CA95 Parts

Hi everyone. As some of you remember, I sold my 1965 CA95 about 3 months ago, and I am coming across some parts that I forgot about. I am in the process of cleaning them up (bead blasting & Primer) to get rid of them. I do have a question regarding my side covers though. I bought some metal side covers off ebay a while back and the seller said they were CA95. I bought them, and had all intentions of painting them to match my bike, but I never got around to it. Matter a fact I never got around to even matching them up to the bike after I got them, because I put them away for safe keeping and actually forgot about them. So, now that I no longer have the bike, Im wondering, did these bikes come with metal covers back in the day? Or was I suckered? lol. I want to sell them but I don't want to misrepresent what they are. I can get pictures of them tomorrow, and post them. (right now they are drying). Any thoughts?
Unread 03-29-2012, 04:00 PM

The original are metal, very late models may have been plastic...i know after market are plastic for sure. I prefer the metal ones myself as they are easier to deal with than the plastic ones.
Unread 03-29-2012, 05:56 PM

thank you for that. I thought they were correct, but now that I do not have the bike to compare them with, I wanted to be sure. I had plastic ones on my bike, but I didn't mind them and they were already molded in black (same color as my bike) so scratches didn't show up much. But I can see where the metal ones would be nice to have. Amazingly these tins are in pretty good condition. When I decided to bead blast them, the rubbers were still in all the notches. Of course when i tried to get them out they crumbled, but I was pretty impressed that they were even there in the first place. Thanks again for your input.
Unread 03-30-2012, 04:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

My CA95 is about as late as they come, in the last 3,000 frame numbers from the final year, and it had metal side covers on it. Mine had a few dents so I set them aside in the "archive" box of original parts and will be using the plastic aftermarket replacements instead. I plan on customizing my side covers a bit with special badges, so I'd rather molest an aftermarket cover than an original metal cover. :-)
Unread 03-30-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellieLyne View Post
Hi everyone. As some of you remember, I sold my 1965 CA95 about 3 months ago, and I am coming across some parts that I forgot about. I am in the process of cleaning them up (bead blasting & Primer) to get rid of them. I do have a question regarding my side covers though. I bought some metal side covers off ebay a while back and the seller said they were CA95. I bought them, and had all intentions of painting them to match my bike, but I never got around to it. Matter a fact I never got around to even matching them up to the bike after I got them, because I put them away for safe keeping and actually forgot about them. So, now that I no longer have the bike, Im wondering, did these bikes come with metal covers back in the day? Or was I suckered? lol. I want to sell them but I don't want to misrepresent what they are. I can get pictures of them tomorrow, and post them. (right now they are drying). Any thoughts?
I am in the market for side covers. My bike has none and would use the metal ones like you have for sale. If you 'd like to sell them to someone local, please PM me so we can discuss the side covers and whatever else you might have for sale. I wouldn't necessarily need any of the stuff cleaned up. As you can see from my Avatar, my bike's in serious need of "parts". LOL
Unread 04-01-2012, 05:05 PM

Default Link to pic's of parts available for sale

Click on Bruceandkellie at the bottom and go to photostream. It will show all the parts available. Some (like the sprocket, need to be cleaned up) I will clean them up (bead blasting if needed) all the primered parts were bead blasted and immediately primered, so what you see, is all metal/rust free. Let me know if you need anything. I am pretty sure the metal side covers are already spoken for, and now Im pretty sure the chain guard is taken too.

IMG_8556 by bruceandkellie, on Flickr

Last edited by KellieLyne; 04-01-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Unread 04-01-2012, 06:03 PM

Wow a nice collection of some hard to find originals; I'm tempted to pull the trigger on some stuff, but I think some others here are in need of; and I am just in want of
Unread 04-01-2012, 08:32 PM

I hear ya, these are all left over parts from when I had my 1965 Benly. I sold it a few months ago, and it took me until now to dig these out and get them up for sale. I wanted to offer the parts here first, then... whatever doesn't find a new home here, will be offered on Ebay. So if you want something let me know. If you have questions, PM me, I will answer it to the best of my ability. Happy riding!!!!
Unread 04-16-2012, 07:55 PM

Default Front Fender

Hi everyone, I just wanted to update the parts list status. I sold the metal side covers, and the chain guard, carb covers, horn, chrome tank side covers, and chrome fork covers. I still have the fender, brand new exhaust pipes, a battery holder, center stand, pistons (1.00 over size and rings), and passenger foot pegs, kick starter, shift lever, tail light bracket, and handle bar mounts. Let me know if you need anything. Prices are neg.
Unread 04-17-2012, 12:30 AM

I'm interested in the rear foot pegs if you don't mind shipping to Canada..
PM sent..
Unread 04-19-2012, 11:12 PM

If you're okay with shipping to Canada, I would be interested in your battery bracket. Mine is held together in bits and pieces!

Quote:
Hi everyone, I just wanted to update the parts list status. I sold the metal side covers, and the chain guard, carb covers, horn, chrome tank side covers, and chrome fork covers. I still have the fender, brand new exhaust pipes, a battery holder, center stand, pistons (1.00 over size and rings), and passenger foot pegs, kick starter, shift lever, tail light bracket, and handle bar mounts. Let me know if you need anything. Prices are neg.
Unread 04-25-2012, 08:06 PM

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this site. Family obligations kept me pretty busy this past week. I put the battery holder on Ebay and I have a $5.00 bid on it, with no reserve. So, if you want it, you should bid on it. It has a $15 buy it now option also. Sorry, I didn't see that you wanted it until I posted it on ebay. As far as the foot pegs, I will figure out shipping tomorrow 4/26 and get back to you asap.
Unread 04-25-2012, 08:14 PM

Hi, what's your *bay username? I couldn't find a battery holder with that description...
Unread 04-26-2012, 12:48 AM

Quote:
As far as the foot pegs, I will figure out shipping tomorrow 4/26 and get back to you asap.
Thanks Kellie, it's appreciated
Unread 04-26-2012, 02:14 PM

Comp, heres the ebay address.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180867338346...#ht_500wt_1077