FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 03-29-2012, 06:01 AM

Default Alert benly found and could go for less

Check this listing out , looks to be complete minus tires

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/2922279118.html
Unread 03-29-2012, 06:34 AM

That black license plate could be the "Find" on that Benly . Actually the bike looks pretty decent , no title makes it a pain though . You should take a look at it, Elk Groves only 15 minutes from Stockton .
Unread 03-29-2012, 07:37 AM

He's showing the right side quite a bit and avoiding the left for some reason...no front fender, no chain guard, looks ok but not for that price, I am pretty sure he bought it for maybe 200 or less and is flipping it. So he's just interested in selling it; and he didn't say the price was firm.

If you go look at it, point out all the bad things about it and price them as you go, as in front fender 80 bucks, no chain guard impossible find, no tires quote the fire stone price, no title, new cables 35, polish and paint 200, new seat 100 etc....but talk as if you are talking to yourself not directly at him. Look around at him, then ask how much were you asking? Act surprised, then say something like I dunno man, if I restore it and sell it, I couldn't get any money back out of it; Then offer him a bit under half of what he's asking, and see if he bites. If he counters close to original...say if it was mint with a title, you might get 1000 for it, and I am going to have to put over 600 in it...then offer half or a little over half. See where he is at from there, either he will sympathize with you and agree...or counter back. If he counters high again, and you want it...say how about meeting me in the middle...and then offer in the middle of your offer and his offer, with your hand in shake mode. If he shakes and releases done deal. If not then say thanks for letting me see it and start to leave...he might stop you and say ok deal.

You have good chances for getting it on the cheap this way...he has no emotional attachment and wants to flip it. A hundred or so above what he paid is going to be enough to make him happy. Usually people price something 3 times over what they paid. So when you get to near double what they paid; they will most times, agree to sell at that price.

That being said, if you fold and give in at close to what he is asking or are not the type to haggle price. Then selling the mufflers and original badges off of it and using after market will pay for the bikes cost, and much of the restore costs...leaving you in it nearly free.
Unread 03-29-2012, 03:41 PM

and I have a front fender for sale!!!! LOL