FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 02-02-2012, 06:15 PM

Default Its a sad sad day.....

Today I sold my CA95. It was my first HONDA street bike, and I loved it sooooo.....I will miss it.
Unread 02-03-2012, 02:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellieLyne View Post
Today I sold my CA95. It was my first HONDA street bike, and I loved it sooooo.....I will miss it.
You're a stronger person than I am. I have yet to sell any bike that I've owned. That was a gorgeous CA95, too.

I trust it went to a good home
Unread 02-03-2012, 06:59 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

How could you!!? Why? Whyyyy?! haha

I have figured out why people put their blood sweat and tears into projects and then they let them go. They want to move on to another one is why. Me and Kevin are on another level at which we just will not sell them! I still have my first car up in storage hehe. I'm not making that mistake and selling it, no way. I always hear older friends of mine say, "I wish I never sold that one! Boy that was a mistake." I hear this almost every day, really. So that settles it. I'm keeping them all!!

The funny thing about my blue CA95 is that I built it as a gift for my ex-brother in law. He wanted one soo bad and I had a good time bonding with him a little and it was a great thing to get him back into older motorcycles and such. Then he and my sister grew apart and he wasn't interested in motorcycles, cars, his job or anything for that matter. So they got a divorce and he sold the car (that I did a light restoration on for him) but of course he gave the motorcycle back to me. Thus, I just have no interest in this particular blue Benly 150 that I have done the work to. I would certainly sell it but it's not a super-sano restoration, more like a good rebuild on a Benly that you could ride everyday and not have to worry about scratching or riding down a dirt road.

My black CA160 is my baby though! No ones every gonna own that bike but me.

Last edited by Smithers; 02-03-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Unread 02-03-2012, 07:44 AM

Well Ryan, you sort of hit the nail on the head. That bike, was a purchase on Ebay, and yes it was a pretty bike, and I had LOTS of fun on it, it noway comes even close to my CA77 that my hubby did a ground up resto on it for me, because I loved it so much. I will NEVER part with that bike. It's funny how you get attached to things, and put emotional price tags on them. This bike, has his blood, sweat and almost tears into it (when it wouldn't start) lol. It brought us closer together, we worked as a team, and it turned out BEAUTIFUL. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I always wanted a white CA something!!!! After riding the CA95 around, I started riding further and further with friends that have MUCH bigger bikes. That's when I knew I needed a 305. I don't care to have a HUGE bike since Im only 5 ft. tall. I just wanted a bike that was easy to ride, that had character. This bike, with the resto screams KELLIE. It's my baby! I even had a bad bad "dream" the other night that it fell over at the school I work at, (not sure which kiddo got mad at me and pushed it over lol) and it was all messed up in my "dream" and I was in tears. LOL guess this one is the keeper for me! I hope you all don't mind if I stick around on the forum to watch your projects. I will definitely be posting pictures of our next one. I think it will be.... wait for it........ lol......... a 1952 Indian BRAVE!!!! Yep thats right.... an INDIAN BRAVE. You ask why I am laughing, well its because that bike has a HISTORY of being known as the WORST BIKE EVER!!!! Yep that's going to be a fun one to play with. Something about knowing you have a bike that is said be the biggest hunk of crap ever, inspires me!!!! Yep Im one twisted individual.
Unread 02-03-2012, 12:11 PM

Boy i hear what your say'n i did just the opposite and i'm still crying! I had to much in my Benly to sell it and i just rebuilt the motor so i let my 1968 CA77 Dream go to a gentlemen in Sacramento. He sent me an e-mail ( I must be Dreaming because I'm on cloud 9 ). I know your Luving the Dream
Unread 02-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

It's been my dream for a long time to get a CA77 beater and do a little traveling myself. I'm sorry to hear your bike fell over Kellie... oh man that's the worst thing ever. I hope the damage was light. At least you are out there ridin' her! I remember coming out of a party to find my streetbike laying down on it's side with the helmet smashed into the ground too. I knew who did it and the short little punk ran for his life and would never admit it... everyone at the party KNEW he did it. The damage was just scratches here and there but my perfect expensive helmet got a big scratch in it. This was back in the 90's when good riding gear cost a fortune too. There were no decent cheap helmets for under $300 even! I just laugh at the whole thing now but it's funny how much I remember every single little detail about the incident.

I can't wait to see how the Indian Brave restoration goes!
Unread 02-05-2012, 10:08 PM

OOOOH NOOOOOOOOOO it didn't REALLY fall over.... I had a Dream/nightmare that it fell over while I was at work. LOL... I was so pissed, and I just knew that some little kid pushed it over! I would be so upset if it REALLY happened! I went for a long ride on my Dream with my father in law recently. We road about 50 miles. I found out the hard way that my bike doesnt like hills much. It would cough repeatedly when I started a decent incline. Then when I reached the top of the hill and descended it was fine again. Im not sure if it is a carb/fuel problem or a vapor lock issue. It was definitely starving for fuel. My friction plates are slipping a little, so this week we are going to fix that issue and possibly take a look at the starter clutch. I think the springs in the starter clutch need to be replaced. I squeals a gawd awful noise when I use the electric starter 8/10 times. But YES I am riding it.... A LOT!!!!! I WILL DEFINITELY keep you posted on the Indian Brave project.