FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 02-13-2012, 07:11 AM

Question Frame and Fender Repair

Hello everyone,
I'm working on a 1965 150cc Dream and and some metal repair is needed. It appears that a P.O. removed the flare at the rear of the front and rear fenders. I think I have enough skill to fabricate these and mig weld them back on. I really want to restore the original look and was wondering if anyone had the dimensions needed to make these? Can anyone help?

Jim
Unread 02-13-2012, 08:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

I wonder why so many previous owners cut away those flares?

It seems like it would be simpler, and likely produce better results, if you found a replacement fender. They occasionally come up on eBay. I bought one a month ago on eBay for $20. Same fender for C92/C95/CA95/CA160.
Unread 02-14-2012, 08:52 AM

Why on earth do people cut them off, do they think it looks cool.

Chip has just sent me a rear flair for a mate who picked up a bike with a chopped rear end.
He sends his thanks Chip and said he would contact you to say thanks.

Sam.
Unread 02-14-2012, 09:33 AM

It must have been popular mod. to do so at one time. I also picked up a 305 Dream that was butchered the same way. In any event, I feel pretty confident that I can weld in a repair. I gained lots of experience fab'ing and welding when I rebuilt the old mustang. I'd consider replacing the parts but they are in otherwise good condition.

Jim
Unread 02-14-2012, 03:17 PM

Default Cut off flairs

I think most of the flares are gone because people run their bikes over curbs and bend them badly. Then rather than buy a new fender or paying some one to do the metal repair they just cut the damage off. Remember at one time these bikes were just old beaters not candidates for restoration. They do it the cheap way not the right way. Very possibly this is the underlying reason for most bober and choppers also.
Curt