FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > Aprilia Mille RSVR - 1st Generation

Unread 05-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Since parts have been coming in at a pretty good rate I decided to put in a full day of work on the bike again. The bike is nearly done & I just need a couple more small things and to finish some work on the faring. Here is a rundown of things I got done recently:
  • The exhaust is new
  • Rear faring is repaired (I bought this shiny one with a crack)
  • Hoses are all changed out
  • Evo clutch slave cylinder is installed
  • Wiring is nearly done
  • Charcoal canister/hoses is gone
  • Instrument cluster is repaired and installed
  • Evo velocity stacks are installed
  • Rearsets are fixed up
  • Front frame sliders installed (still need to replace the right side one near the footpeg)
  • Evo license plate holder /eliminator installed
  • Fuel tank was adjusted to fit better than from the factory
  • Rashed up Aprilia riding jacket repaired
  • etc. etc.

Pretty long list of labor. Hopefully the ol' fuel cap and a replacement master cylinder will come in the mail soon and I can get this show on the road. JCR is hooking up the windscreen for me so things will be ready for some summertime ridin.
Unread 06-01-2008, 07:33 AM
Admin

Ah today is a good day! The bike is back on the road. But I'm literally waiting for paint to dry!

I made sure to tie up the rear speed sensor, make sure there were no loose bolts, tied up the turn signal wires then just went for it. Wow that header pipes really blew out my ears. I had to start it up at 9pm just to hear it again. I took the Akra can down from the rafters and put it on the next morning. I couldn't rev it more than once as you could surely hear it for a mile.

Youtube link: Ti headers without can, super raspy

Unread 06-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Admin

And with the Puig windscreen finally here...

I had to overnight a rear master cylinder so I'll be installing that tomorrow so it will be ready to go for Sunday. I took mine apart and messed around with it but rebuilding it would be like $25 for parts vs a brand new one for $53. Yeah I made the smart choice. It was pretty interesting doing some spirited riding without a rear brake. I got along just fine since the engine really will brake you quite a bit when you downshift. Those front rotors are AWESOME. I never used more than one finger to stop, so nice.
Unread 07-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Admin

The latest thing I've done to the bike is install HID lights. This is a must for all modern motorcycle riders. Finally I can actually see a good distance at night and I don't even have to use the high beams. Well the high beams aren't HID so they don't work as well as the HID low beam. But I can hold the "pass" switch which is actually a trigger to hold the high beams on at the same time as the low beams. This gives me a little more light on the left and right of the HID low beam.

Check out my install, it wasn't so bad. HID INSTALL on my Aprilia Mille
Unread 07-22-2008, 10:14 AM
Admin

Everything ran great up to Monterey and back last weekend. The only problem was the battery! I went straight to the bank in the morning and it wouldn't start. I got a ride from a friend to take the battery to have it tested and it's voltage was just fine but it wouldn't push any amps and it wouldn't take a charge either. The conclusion was that the battery had been damaged in the lowside crash and you could see evidence of this in the slightly out of place battery post. The battery was a YUASA that was not even a year old... what a bummer! So I went to Momentum Moto and Keith there hooked me up with a deal on a brand new Yuasa in the spirit of getting me up to the races. You could say I got the Laguna Seca race weekend deal on the new battery, many thanks to Momentum Moto. He also hooked me up with a deal on a new tailpack so I could haul some clothes and stuff to the races. Here is a shot of the bike just before I left.

Riding with a tail bag was interesting. I was able to use the built in bungee straps to secure it to the rear seat. Of course the more weight you put in the bag the tighter you need to strap it to the bike. As soon as I got on the freeway I could tell that the tailpack was definitely acting exactly like a wind neutralizer device that would go behind your head in a convertable. You know like the mesh screens that attach to the back of the head rests in a Porsche Boxster... same thing. It was weird, the wind wouldn't hit my helmet or body near as bad with the bag on the back. It was like a wind bubble was formed when the bag would deflect the wind upwards and over me. Interesting. What a great bag though! It's a Tourmaster/ Cortech model and it comes with straps built in and a 3M cover to waterproof it in the event of rain. Worked great and I could have expanded the sides if I needed to put more inside it.
Unread 08-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Admin

Ahhh now this is the good life. I just need to get that F355 back in my own driveway... someday I will have something comparable.

Unread 12-30-2010, 06:07 AM

Sorry, just running spam interference guys..cool bike anyway.

Last edited by Spokes; 12-30-2010 at 06:07 AM. Reason: sp