FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 02-17-2011, 08:40 PM

Default pulling rotor

tried to pull the rotor AC dynamo with spark advancer still attached. Was pulling on the rotor and against the loosened enter bolt. Was getting worried about putting too much pressure on it so quit. Am I doing it correctly?
Unread 02-17-2011, 09:21 PM

Stop!

The spark advance has to be removed 1st. It can be pryed free using a flat tool like a screwdriver or the like.

You will see threads in the rotor opening after removing the flywheel bolt.

I don't remember exactly the size or thread pitch of the bolt that fits the flywheel threads But you screw in said bolt and tighten until the rotor pops free from the crankshaft. Sometimes you can get lucky using a wheel puller, but using a wheel puller will most likely cause damage to the rotor.
Unread 02-18-2011, 02:34 AM

Wow Chip, I would have thought that the number of motors you have pulled apart that you would have known the size.

Dave, remove the 14mm (wrench size) bolt that holds the advancer and just prise it off.
Next, remove your rear wheel spindle and screw it into the rotor.
Put a round bar through the hole in the head of the spindle (a star/Philips screw driver will do) and give it a sharp knock anti clockwise, it should leap off.
Don't loose the woodruff key that the rotor locates on, it's in a grove in the tapered part of the crankshaft.

Sam.
Unread 02-18-2011, 10:11 AM

Yes, I had a mind cramp at the time I responded. The bolt size to fit the threads in the CA95 flywheel is a 14mm x 1.5 thread pitch.

I have only taken apart 7 CA95 engines, so not that many!

I'm working on a CA160 and a CA95 while multi tasking at the plant that I manage production fluids & chemicals. Building two hobby projects and 192,000 units makes me forgetfull sometimes...LOL