FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > Aprilia Mille RSVR - 1st Generation

Unread 01-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

My riding gear? Well that needs some refreshing as well. Luckily I scored a couple pairs of last years version Shift gloves from The Motorcycle Superstore.com/. This place has AWESOME deals and coupons so you just need to find out your sizing and you can save some serious money. I also stopped by their booth at the International Motorcycle Show in Long Beach. The hot looking girl there let me take some sweeet mouse pads, ooolala.

Bow down to the best racing leathers ever! :lol:

In the past month I was able to score a SUPER deal on a set of Aprilia factory racing leathers. I've never had a whole one piece leather suit so I'm pretty pumped about it. I was super lucky in finding the right sizing that the AF1 Racing Store had available. I scraped some change together to take advantage of that hot deal and I'm glad I did. Of course I need some real riding boots to use this suit and I won't be able to afford those for a while.<_< Sidi boots aren't cheap and I don't want to buy a cheapo pair. I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for. Find a deal on the riding gear and motorcycles you truly want. Life is short!
Unread 02-17-2008, 08:41 AM

Here was something pretty exciting to us Central Coast California riders. I was cruising down Madonna Road the other day when all the sudden I noticed a Cycle Gear sign near the post office. I thought I was dreaming as Cycle Gear stores are a big city thing and might be seen in San Jose or L.A. or something. Was this some cruel joke? I whipped it into the Madonna Plaza Shopping Center and drove all the way around back behind Applebees and to my surprise they have a whole store right there. I walked in the door and it was a paradise of street and dirt gear, clothing and some accessories.

They don't carry Sidi boots which isn't a huge surprise as many retailers have dropped them because of problems with their U.S. distributor. But they have the Frank Thomas line of gear which apparently is #1 in England and Europe and stuff. They have tons of Alpinestars which make very comfortable boots too. As you can see above they have tons of helmets and also lots of DVDs, some tires (mounting and balancing too) cruiser and racing jackets, lots of gloves and lots of stuff for the womens as well.

Also to my surprise is the fact that they carry the Dianese line of gear! I would like to win the lottery and have a Santa Monica jacket for sure. They have 10% off days once a month for like for 2 hours in the evenings so that might be fun to check out. What is really impressive is that the guys that work there have a great attitude and have their bikes parked right out front so they know what you mean when you are talking bike talk. h34r:
Unread 02-17-2008, 08:52 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Now if you want some great deals on motorcycle accessories and gear you can also check out my favorite online shop over at Motorcycle USA. These guys are based out of Medford Oregon and are a good bunch. It's a really big warehouse that ships and receives around the clock so they are always on time with their orders. They pick up the phone when you ask them and their computers are fast so they answer your questions about your orders quickly.

I have spent a lot of time up there in Medford with family so I would always cruise by their store to snoop around. They have since moved to a new location so I can't wait to go up there again and see their facility. If you walk in they make you crazy deals on gear and you can try it on. I almost bought a SWEET yellow and black one piece set of leathers ... Technic I believe, for like $400 back when I had my TLR but I was poor at the time. I did buy my yellow and black Arai at a huge discount though and it's my favorite piece of riding gear that I have. Best helmet ever for my head. Notice I said, "for MY head.". I don't want to start any debates on helmets as everyone should have their own preference to the best helmet IMO.

P.S.:I'm not getting paid to put links on this forum/site as I really use these sources for parts and accessories. Motorcycle Superstore / Motorcycle USA (whatever you want to call them... same company) has awesome blow out sales that can't be beat but you just have to know your size of the riding gear that you order which isn't too hard to estimate when you think about it. They carry the Shift brand of bike gear which I have found to be REALLY nice and well worth the hard earned $$. I bought a couple pairs of high end shift gloves for like $75 (tax free Oregon style!) recently and they are awesome. Try and go into a deal and get away with a really good pair of gloves for that price. B)