FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 03-27-2011, 11:36 AM

Default CA95 serial numbers

I recently bought a CA95 and have identified it as 1965 model. The engine serial number is CA95E-5XXXXXX. Should the frame serial number match the engine (same number-less the E for engine)? I can't really make out the frame number because of thick paint and/or Bondo.
Unread 03-27-2011, 02:25 PM

The frame number won't match the engine number exactly. Usually the engine and frame numbers are a close match but not usually an exact match. The 1st number in the six digit string indicates year.
Unread 03-29-2011, 07:29 AM

Spokes-thanks for the reply. Also, I presume that these bikes were titled by the frame serial number. The previous owner had lost the title, but said he would help me with the necessary paperwork to get one (I'm not sure how difficult that would be in Illinois). I'll probably just go ahead and remove the paint from the frame to get that number.
Unread 03-29-2011, 09:20 AM

My previous CA95 title had the frame# and the engine number. My 1966
CA160 is titled by the engine number only (MN). I guess it goes by the state your in.
Unread 03-31-2011, 08:08 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Ah the ol numbers game. Yeah the engine and frame number will never be the same. In CA they record both of them typically... you know theft being a big deal around CA and all. :-\