FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 02-13-2011, 03:37 PM

Default ca95 Tires

Hey All

Any idea where I can get tires? Looking for whitewalsl and ones that won't break the bank.

Thanks
Unread 02-13-2011, 05:35 PM

The best place as far as I'm concerned.
http://www.universaltire.com/
Unread 02-15-2011, 07:52 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Ahh tires. It seems like I'm swapping out tires on my vehicles, bikes and friends bikes every other week. Thanks for the link to your secret source of tires Spokes! That looks like a big warehouse of vintage tire goodness for sure. And I just realized Mr. 65ca95 specified WHITE WALL tires which none of this info below is applicable. Unfortunately you're going to have to pay dearly for any of those. People have painted on white stripes with great results. So if you have the time you can go that route and save an easy $100 doing that.

This is who I'm going to call the next time I need tires for my old bikes. I posted about them a little while back - click here. The guys at www.Heidenauusa.com know vintage tires well. I talked to them at the San Jose Vintage Bike show and they had an answer for everything I asked which is not an easy task. The reps business I talked to was Moto Amore and his address is 2983 Lafayette St. Santa Clara, CA 95054. Phone is:1-408-295-3004. They have a cute website here http://www.moto-amore.com.
Any business that still has it's doors open and is offering over the top service or help is one I'll shop at.

If you want cheap as possible tires I recommend calling up JC Whitney or combing over their website http://www.jcwhitney.com. I had some bookmarked a while back but never pulled the trigger so I don't know if they are still there. I would probably call them and make their staff check their inventory for anything that would work.

Last edited by Smithers; 02-15-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Unread 02-15-2011, 04:27 PM

Thanks very much for the info
Unread 02-15-2011, 04:40 PM

Thank you gentlemen
Unread 02-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

No sweat. There are places that actually sell kits of tools and paint to paint white walls on tires and I have seen some pictures of bikes that have had the treatment and they looked really good but I'm sure they spent a lot of time making them look good and I didn't get to inspect them personally. White walls are too fancy for me.