FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > Aprilia Mille RSVR - 1st Generation

Unread 04-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

I'll be updating this thread as I work more and more on the ol Ape. I might as well post some shots that I used myself for reference when putting things back together. They really help!!

I have a couple factory diagrams that I'll post later as well. These pictures will save you a ton of time. Digital cameras are the best thing to happen to mechanics ever. You can take pictures of things before you tear them apart cause we all know... as soon as things come apart the clock starts ticking in regards to being able to remember where things go back!! :lol:
Unread 04-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Admin

I removed my rear section and had it powdercoated black. Boy what a difference! It just looks a lot cleaner to me and it doesn't attract dirt near as much as the bare aluminum. Here are some before pics of the wiring/ vacuum lines.

Unread 04-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Admin

I already put things back together the same way I took em off. This weekend I'm going to shitcan that charcoal canister. They say that it doesn't give you any power but it will be SOO nice getting rid of all those hoses and the terd in the rear trunk. lol

Unread 04-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Admin

So here is my front wiring project on the Mille. I took some pictures of before I did the powdercoating but I need to organize them before I post them up. Doing the front wires is not that easy. It takes a while to get them just right and pictures are your best friend. Even with the pictures I took for reference it took me longer than I had imagined. Here is a preview of the front end wiring. I'll be posting much better ones soon.

Wow this doesn't even look like the same bike...