FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 07-11-2015, 02:41 PM

Default So sorry

I had a spell when I couldn't get on and then simply forgot about you.
The memory loss is due to the accident I had last year and is the only real problem I have now, I'll try to remember to log on every day now that I know that I can get on again.

Regards Sam.
Unread 07-11-2015, 04:53 PM

Sam,

It's so good to hear from you again! I have been wondering and concerned. It will be a pleasure for all to have you back.

Chip
Unread 07-12-2015, 03:09 AM

Thanks Chip, it's over a year now and you wouldn't believe how much I have missed the bike family in America and racing in general.
I hope to get my driving licence back in the next few weeks, It's like being in prison without it and not being able to go anywhere.

Regards Sam.
Unread 07-12-2015, 05:52 AM

I can appreciate being grounded. I remain glad to hear your progressing. It's nice to be on the heal.

The forum is a bit dead. I only have two projects left, one is the Army Bike. I have to split the case again to see what I did wrong with the transmission. I can get 3rd gear only. Frankly, I think I reinstalled the shift drum incorrectly, although the engine runs sweet. My 2nd project is a 67 Honda CA160 waiting in the wings.

Maybe after getting your drivers permit reinstated you can get into the shop for some lame tinkering..
Unread 07-12-2015, 04:53 PM

Good to hear from you Sam. I've been passively eyeing Facebook for activity from you. Glad to hear you are still on the mend. I'm waiting for parts to come back from paint to actually ride my benly. Meanwhile I have gotten one of my RD400s back on the road so I've been focused on it. It's always a 4-6 month hang up on all my projects no matter whom I use, seems all painters are the same - sloooooowwww.

And chip I didn't comment on the army bike but I did look at the photos and its progressing
beautifully.
Unread 07-22-2015, 01:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

Cheers Sam, and hope you're doing better each day.
Unread 07-23-2015, 01:46 AM

Thanks guys, looks like things have slowed down here quite a lot.

Sam.
Unread 07-28-2015, 04:46 PM

Sam, it's great to have you back among the forum, and your memory will get better. Hey, if you move here to Cali, there'll be no problem getting your license - they're now giving licenses to illegal (er, uh, undocumented) immigrants. Seriously, keep the faith, I'm trusting that you'll do just fine when you reapply for your license.
Later - Dane.
Unread 07-29-2015, 10:58 AM

Hi Frappy, nice to hear from you.
I have already applied for my licence and the licencing authority have already contacted my Consultant to ask am I Ok to drive a car, they went on to say it would be 8 weeks before I got my licence back if given the OK from the hospital. I calculated it would be around the 22nd August when I see it. It's what we call over here RED TAPE, miles and miles and miles of the bloody stuff. hahahahaha

Sam.
Unread 08-18-2015, 05:52 PM

Welcome Back Sam. I'm still following the forum and I get a note every time there is a post to Chips Army Bike thread. I follow it closely. I don't have anything to contribute right now because I'm working on non ca95's. Currently a CB160 and a CB77. I've got a resto thread on the 305 forum under Steverino.
Unread 08-22-2015, 07:13 AM

Thanks Steve, it's nice to be back even if I do forget to look in the odd time like I have the last few days.
As I said in my post above, the date for getting the licence back is the 22nd August, oh damn, that's today and the post has been with nothing, maybe Monday. hahaha

Sam.
Unread 09-18-2015, 06:08 AM

Default Sam

hi sam good to here your back on track.you have helped me lots with all my issues and have been a big part of my benly success,thanks again and stay well my friend.
Unread 09-27-2017, 01:31 AM

It's only been 2 years since my last post guys, perhaps now you will realize how badly my brain is messed up. hahaha.
I used to spend a lot of time on about a dozen forums when I had some free time both at home and at work and then I had the big accident.
After that, I found a lot of my friends had started posting on Facebook and I guess I just followed the trend until yesterday when Facebook got messed up for some reason or other and I couldn't access it.
That got me to thinking, what the heck did I do before Facebook ?
Oh yes, I used to visit forums and this was the first one I could remember.
The only problem now is that I can't remember who you all are.
The only name that jumped out and hit me straight away was Spokes (Chip) so you will all have to remind me who you are and I'll make sure I put a sticker on the computer not to forget ya'll in future.
I hope you are all well since my last visit and have plenty of projects on the go.

Sam.
Unread 09-27-2017, 02:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

Good to hear from you Sam. I do miss the ol' Benly gang. Still messing around with motorbikes here, but 2 months of chemotherapy earlier this year have slowed me a bit. (... but not so much as to stop me from going 110 mph on my Triumph a few weeks ago )

Just finished a resto-mod on a Kiev-built Dnepr sidecar rig, which like Ural, was a descendant of the 1938 BMW R71. Loads of fun to ride.

Cheers and good health to the gang,

Kevin
Unread 09-27-2017, 03:40 AM

Hi Kevin, now there's a name I remember (BTL) quite a prominent poster I recall but I did notice after I posted here that it was the first post since 20th July, how things have fallen off.
I used to enjoy helping people on here with my 50 odd years of knowledge of these bikes but sadly they are now just a thing of the past.
All my bikes are gone and my memory is as sketchy as hell and without a shed full of every part under the sun to jog my memory, I find it difficult advising anyone on anything these days.
Nice to see that you're still around and it'll be interesting to see who else is.