FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Website News & Updates > Events & Happenings

Unread 03-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers
Default Good links for motorcycle shows

Walnecks has a good list of events going on if anyone is looking for shows and stuff.

http://www.walnecks.com/research/res...rcycle-events/
Unread 08-13-2012, 03:54 PM

Default Ohio Valley BSA owners

Ohio Valley BSA Owners Club had a show this past weekend ,8-12-12 . If your into european bike this was a great show . Ariels to Guzzi's to BSA , Triumphs ,et al . They also invited owners of Jap bikes to come show and be judged for awards .
I didn't attend , only because I didn't know about it . My friend that owns Spikes Vintage Motorsports took several bikes and won best in class for a beautifully restored !965 CA95 and a best in class award for his 2011 Royal Enfield cafe bike . Mike was somewhat surprised they chose the Benly over his fully restored 1968 CB 450 , Black Bomber . This bike is NICE !!
Anyway ,he showed me pictures he'd taken of many of the bikes there and there were some very nicly restored euro and jap bikes in attendence .
Mike says we'll definitely go next year , their looking to add classes and broaded the brands of bike on display .
Unread 08-14-2012, 05:20 AM
Admin

*Crossing fingers for pictures someday* Amazing how if they only had gotten the word out better they would have had twice the attendance! This happens to most bike shows. They just do a horrible job promoting it. The Benly was probably more original than the CB450? Those 450's are cool but if it was brought back from the dead I'm sure it wasn't in original shape maybe.
Unread 08-20-2012, 05:08 AM

Talking

Pictures , pictures pictures !! I'm horrible at taking pictures , don't know why as we have a very nice Sony SLR and a little Nikon we take everywhere .
Went to a show this past weekend and yes I brought the camera and didn't take a single picture . We have so many people stop and talk to us about our bikes and for many the bikes they had back in the day that between my wife and I ,one of us always stays with the bikes .
A little" home towning " went on at this show , it was cars , trucks and bikes with a vintage original and modified classes for the bikes . Trophys were give to 3 Harleys , brothers with 2007's and another went to a 2002 Harley , all hometown folks . Hardly vintage or modified . Actually all Harleys are modified as the owners can't get enough chrome geegaws on them . Don't hate me ! , until a month ago I was a Harley owner . Actually had a very nice original HD pan head with a sidecar that should have taken the vintage award , maybe it went to the 2002 ?
Again don't hate me but my friends 450 black bomber is a 98% perfect restoration and while his 1965 Benly is a 98% perfect restoration the bombers usually get the attention .
But I promise I'll start taking pictures !!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 09-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Admin

Yeah it's hard to beat the big Honda for attention. Taking pictures is easy... doing something with them is another story. Just a pic or two would be cool. Not expecting you to document it all.