FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > Aprilia Mille RSVR - 1st Generation

Unread 03-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

=] HELP me replace some parts on my bike and get to see your parts being put to good use here on Fourwheelforum.com. On every page here it shows my email address so don't be afraid to throw me a bone. As you probably know these parts aren't just found on the shelf. <_< But it's worth having such a fine Italian bike. I love this thing and I've found some really nice gentlemen that are practically sponsoring me by helping me out with some great deals on parts. The problem is that I'm also getting great deals on upgrades as well so I end up spending more than I anticipate! Oh well it's hard to resist a good deal on something.

Here are some pictures of some obvious parts I need.

<s>I still need the RIGHT air scoop. This is the left one for ID purposes. =]</s> It's AMAZING. I finally got my right hand side air scoop! This sucker took me the longest out of any piece to find. It was sent to me by a gentleman on Craigslist who wasn't even advertising it for sale.. I had to resort to asking around to anyone that would listen to my cries for help! =D

**UPDATE I just received a pair of these Inner air ducts.

Fuel tank pivot. (I think I have one coming with the tank =)

I need a tail light surround piece and also some red lenses (or just the whole thing). **UPDATE I got the whole thing already
Unread 03-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Admin

So just to make a shopping list:
  • The RIGHT Air Scoop *Check!
  • Dash Cover - Carbon Fiber preferred but anything will help right now =]*Check
  • Composite Fuel Tank *Check - thx RFM!!
  • Giant Lion Head Decals! Black ones to put on top of new orange paint would be cool
  • Upper Front Faring *Check
  • Inner Air Ducts *Check
  • Fuel Tank Pivot *Check!
  • Tail Light Surround *Check
  • Tail Light Assembly *Check
  • Tail Section *Check - Cowling Cover would be nice too, waiting for one now.
Unread 03-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Admin

I think my right clip-on is slightly bent also. Oh well it will work for some cruising around for now. Maybe some Woodcrafts and some new bar-ends will be in my future. I definitely want a new throttle assembly as they are machined with a little more precision than stock.

Ahhhh yeah just a few parts to get 'er back in shape. <_<
Unread 04-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Admin

Yeap I had a feeling that I would be buying some new clip-ons. My right one is just barely bent and I could probably use it without any problems. But I was offered some Woodcrafts for a deal I couldn't refuse along with an Evoluzion billet clutch slave cylinder. I gritted my teeth and just bought them cause the price was right so I'll just work a few more hours to make up for it... big deal.

Here is an image of the slave cylinder from the Evo performance site:

I'm sure I'll have a fun time installing it. At least now is the time since the bike is torn down again. :lol:
Unread 04-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Admin

Of course this isn't any surprise. The right side slider really took the heat of the slide, yay for that. And the titanium exhaust really didn't get hit all that bad! I think the solid mounted Sato also had a hand in holding the bodywork and exhaust high enough off the asphalt so that the resulting damage was minimal. I shouldn't have any problem using the same exhaust system.

Unread 05-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Admin

So here is the beauty of a RH air scoop that I was lucky to get. The guy said it was really thrashed and broken but for my purposes it's like new! I can just do a little touch up and this bad boy will be ready to put on the Aprilia fast! He also was so kind as to make me a package deal including the carbon fiber dash cover that is flawless. Big thanks out to Chris A. up in the Bay Area! Thanks man!