FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 07-04-2011, 06:44 AM

Smile CA95 air filter rebuild .

Looking at my old CA95 air filter , I thought it has good "Bones" just need to replace the old paper element . Stopped by a local bike shop and picked up a sheet of UNI foam filter material . Easy to strip off the old paper media , clean up the filter housing , cut the foam to size and RTV'd to the housing .
I also took a 1/4 " plastic vacum tee ,cut off the ends and pushed them into the filter housing for the vent tubes from the head and carb isolator .
K&N filter oil and it's ready to install . Just like factory only cheaper and better .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P6230379.JPG (307.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg P6230380.JPG (305.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg P6230378.JPG (301.3 KB, 41 views)
Unread 07-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Perfect solution right there for a new air filter for these old Benlys. Just takes a couple minutes and you can have one made up quick instead of ordering some over priced unit and waiting a week or more.
Unread 07-15-2011, 09:56 AM

Default air filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartgreen View Post
Looking at my old CA95 air filter , I thought it has good "Bones" just need to replace the old paper element . Stopped by a local bike shop and picked up a sheet of UNI foam filter material . Easy to strip off the old paper media , clean up the filter housing , cut the foam to size and RTV'd to the housing .
I also took a 1/4 " plastic vacum tee ,cut off the ends and pushed them into the filter housing for the vent tubes from the head and carb isolator .
K&N filter oil and it's ready to install . Just like factory only cheaper and better .
ok!! I dont have the original airbox? would a k&n replacement work best? how is the upgrade working out for you? also the vacum hose that connects to the air box( I believe comes off the crank case) does that really help?
Unread 07-17-2011, 06:11 AM

Smile

Jon, sure you can use a K&N filter . You'd have to do a little research to find one that fits . Is the complete air cleaner assembly missing or do you have the metal carb adapter and the flex tubing to the air cleaner? If so I'd use these to adapt an aftermarket filter to . If not , auto parts stores have exhaust tubing adapters ( 1-3/8" to 1-1/2" ) . 1-3/8ths to carb , 1-1/2 to aftermarket filter . Just make sure there's room for whatever your trying to mount .
Honda routes 2 vent hoses to the factory air cleaner and your correct one is a crank case vent and the 2nd. from the carb isolator . I had a 1/4" plastic vacum tee that I clipped the ends from the attach to the filter housing to holes already there and slipped the vent hose over these .
If you want to keep this mostly stock looking someone on the forum most likely have an old filter the would donat or sell for a few dollars .
Good luck with your project .