FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 03-13-2011, 07:17 AM

Talking Progress on my CA95

Added some photos of my CA95 going back together . Maybe several more months as I gather the necessary parts but it's looking like a bike again .
STILL LOOKING FOR WHITEWALLS !!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P3130362.JPG (304.2 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg P3130364.JPG (300.0 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg P3130365.JPG (295.7 KB, 78 views)
Unread 03-13-2011, 07:30 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Wow it's bad enough riding around on one of these bikes when it's in it's original form but this is over the top. You better not stop in public on that bike or you're going to get swarmed by people who want to talk about it! Looks pretty amazing. That's ready for the bike show circuit almost.
Unread 03-13-2011, 09:36 AM

Way cool. I am restoring one also, but your's makes mine look ho hum
Unread 03-13-2011, 11:15 AM

Nice looking bike! Where did the seat come from and do you have the rear mounting worked out? Did you zinc plate all the hardware and some of the othther things like the front link arms?

The differnt engine paints do have a nice contrast and look better in these pics vs the others you posted.

Robin
Unread 03-16-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartgreen View Post
Added some photos of my CA95 going back together . Maybe several more months as I gather the necessary parts but it's looking like a bike again .
STILL LOOKING FOR WHITEWALLS !!!!!!!!
I really like your seat configuration. I have the standard rectangular shaped, box-like seat and I think the tractor seat configuration would tend to be more comfortable on a lengthy ride than mine will (I've still never ridden it yet).
dickevins
Unread 03-19-2011, 01:35 PM

Red face

Thanks all for the comments .
bluerider , the seat and pillion pad is from La Pera in a blue metalflake . I made a front bracket that uses the original seat mount under the tank . I've built several different brackets for the rear mount but I haven't settled on a design as yet . What ever I do I'll have to drill mounting holes in the backbone of the frame . Shouldn't disturb the look of the frame much and should be out of sight if I swap for the stock seat .
The stock seat is being redone by a friend of mine ,white leather on seat with black leather on the sides . He's doing it in a mini cafe style with a small kick-up at the rear .
I ordered a new tig welder last week , should be here this week and then I can play building brackets . I have a mig welder that I use but for thin metal and aluminum I have to pay someone to do the welding . I could have used the tig when I welded the tank but used the mig. I also had to send the chain side cover out to have a crack repaired . Now I be able to do the work at home and save time and money .
Still looking for whitewalls ! CBR Vintage tires has one Coker 3.25X16 ,$400 !
Unread 06-01-2011, 03:50 AM

Talking

I'm close to finishing this bike , the rims and hubs should return from Buchanan Spoke and Wheel next week . The rims are Akront alum. that I bought from England . Unfortunately the S.S. spokes were wrong so I sent everything to Buchanan's .
In another post I attached some pic's of Santee Fishtail pipes I've mocked in place . Once the wheels return I'll get them on the bike and finish the exhaust mounts .
I've included several pic's and yes the red bike is the one Spokes was selling for a friend of his . I want to say "THANKS" to Spokes and his friend for the handling of the sale and allowing us to pick the bike up at his home . The bike is fantastic and will make a great addition to the fleet .
Spokes is a gentleman with great knowledge of these bikes and this forum is lucky to have him aboard .
Our goals are to show the bikes at several vintage car and bike shows in our area and we plan to attend the AMA Vintage Bike Fest at Mid-Ohio this July .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P6010372.JPG (293.4 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg P6010373.JPG (305.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg P6010369.JPG (303.8 KB, 54 views)
Unread 06-01-2011, 11:23 AM

Too bad the whitewalls are being a difficult thing to track down, I'm personally not a fan of black side walls on the CA's. It's looking fabulous so far Cart.

I agree Spokes knows his stuff and so does Smithers, and Sam...as they have a few of these builds under their belt, this being my first CA build...I'd hope they haven't found my posts too annoying. :P
Unread 06-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Admin

Good looking fleet! Classic bike shows are so much fun I bet you can't wait. Yes we have some serious collective knowledge here. I just appreciate everyone contributing here.... annoying or not.
Unread 06-17-2011, 07:05 AM

Red face

Getting closer, here's a pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P6160375.JPG (302.3 KB, 52 views)
Unread 06-17-2011, 10:31 AM
Admin

Not a spec of dirt anywhere! I hope you get some miles on that bad boy soon.
Unread 06-17-2011, 08:53 PM

whats the length of your fishtails? How load are they without the baffles?'
>
i just ordered a pair 36" maybe to long? looking for baffles now
>
very nice bike!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 06-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Admin

You can do some serious cornering on those tires.
Unread 06-18-2011, 05:29 PM

Thanks for the comments .
The pipes are 30" Santee fishtails .I'll fire the bike up this week but I don't expect it to be very loud .Our other 2 95's have the stock mufflers but no baffles and their fairly quiet .
Unread 06-18-2011, 08:04 PM

Very nice bike! It was a pleasure to pass along a fine bike to a fine person! I really enjoyed meeting you and your wife. I hope our trails cross again.