FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 05-23-2011, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetblackchemist View Post
Lol trying to kick the hornets nest? Whats weird about old guys is it like they are in a race to disseminate all their information, cause they are too old to race and just want to pass the torch and not be buried without passing along their hard earned information.
No, old guys keep trying to tell the young folk what the facts are. The young folk rely on voodoo and hearsay and pass it along as fact, as if they know something. The internet is a great place to ingest info and spew it out as their own. What's funny is that an old guy can tell everytime when the young folk have been feeding upon the BS highway (most internet sites) and just repeating it in their own words.
Unread 05-23-2011, 03:56 AM

Thumbs up Very Nice

Very nice, Sam it looks like you're in my backyard. If someone is smart enough to shut up and listen, please don't be tight on the info Sir

Last edited by Jetblackchemist; 05-23-2011 at 03:59 AM.
Unread 05-23-2011, 06:48 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

I can't stand the internet know-it-alls out there. Just like anything you read in life you have to question the source of the information. I basically filter out 95% of what I read on the net and about 100% of what is on TV nowadays.
Unread 05-23-2011, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithers View Post
I can't stand the internet know-it-alls out there. Just like anything you read in life you have to question the source of the information. I basically filter out 95% of what I read on the net and about 100% of what is on TV nowadays.
Yeah, people should listen to me more! I've built a million motorcycles out of recycled tin cans... and they run on water! You can confirm my story, I have an infomercial on at 3am...

Unread 05-23-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetblackchemist View Post
Very nice, Sam it looks like you're in my backyard. If someone is smart enough to shut up and listen, please don't be tight on the info Sir
Rockingham is an American styled motor speedway complex in Northamptonshire England. http://www.rockingham.co.uk/about/about-rockingham.php
I live between Manchester and Liverpool in a large town called Warrington in Cheshire.
Ask Ryan (Smithers) or Chip (Spokes) both have had dealings with me.

Sam.
Unread 05-23-2011, 10:41 AM

Default Raceway

Sam, I would've thought you were here... http://www.rockinghamdragway.com/gallery/ I know you're a serious racer and have been for a long time, so it wouldn't have surprised me to see you across the pond stateside. Maybe it's time you showed the yanks what drag bikes are all about
Unread 05-23-2011, 11:26 AM

So sorry, I was just messing with you It was your Rockingham back in March, though I did race nearer your back door a few years back at Peidmont near Greensboro.
My team runs out of Atlanta and were back at the 3rd Mirock event yesterday, still trying to get the bike set up for my return in Oct/November.
I'm hoping to do the last event at the Rock and then Valdosta SGMP for the Manufacturers Cup Final. (the big one) Maybe we can get together at one of these races

Sam.
Unread 05-27-2011, 12:55 PM

Hey Sam, sorry for the late reply I've had the flu so it put me out of commission for a few days. Thanks for the invite I'll have to see what the schedule for this summer is looking like, the little lady and I have several trips planned, perhaps theres a break in there that coincides with one of the NC events.

My apologies if the following sounds racist in any way. When you said Rockingham UK, after my comment, I did have the thought of "So thats where all the African Americans hang out in the UK....drag strips." Then it also crossed my mind... "Well I guess in the UK the politically correct term wouldn't be African American since they are from the UK and not America, then what the hell are people of African descent called in the UK?" Then you let on that you were teasing that it was in fact the Rockingham, N.C. drag way. So anyway's I'm going to shut up now since I still feel loopy from four days of Nyquil induced coma from the flu.