FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 07-04-2011, 03:40 PM

Default Battery? Grounding?

Pulled a '62 CA95 from a farm auction and am starting on getting it cleaned up and running. This bike actually came with a title and original manual!
But...no where in the book does it tell me if the 6v system is positive or negative ground for the battery, which was not there, of course.
My interest in this particular bike is because in '62, a class mate in Jr.High got a 150, the first Honda I ever saw. I was really impressed with the bike made from "recycled American beer cans", as everyone joked about. It made our Cushmans and Mustangs look and feel like model A's to a new Caddilac.
In the past 50yrs, I've owned or ridden most everything on two wheels, but few I expect to still be running with the original motor, unlike the Honda 150.
Unread 07-05-2011, 07:15 AM

Found what I needed to know by going back two years on topics in this forum. The old British bikes and a number of other types had positive(+) grounds and I was unsure as to what the '62 150 used. You'd think that one of the 16 views of this thread, since yesterday, would say something. Nope.
Unread 07-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Awesome. Get that old horse running again. These 150's are just negative ground, nice and simple. 6v too. Every Honda I have ever seen has been neg ground. The + ground is a British thing.