View Single Post
Unread 07-26-2012, 04:11 AM

Default Bad EBAY practice by seller... anybody know him?

Thought I'd share an ebay experience with you guys. I, like everybody else, peruse eBay fairly regularly, both because I sell occasionally, and I use eBAy as the high end "voice of the market" or basically retail. You can still find a deal or two as you guys are aware.
Anyway....
A seller, MR.HAPPY2CU, has a CB160, item 180937004577, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-...item2a20af9621, listed but as a "Superhawk" project running etc etc. I emailed the guy trying to let him know the description was incorrect (and deceptive IMO) thinking "maybe he doesn't know".
Of course I got a nasty response "Please dont waste your time pointing out the obvious. I know what a cb77 is so you can forget the technical absurdity. Ive had 10 superhwak cb77's. I can do what I want and call it whatever name I please. Go bug someone else."
Of course I rose to the bait and we went back and forth a bit with me reporting the listing to eBay this a.m. Again, IMO, he is clearly misrepresenting the item and makes all or any of us look bad. So if any of you know this guy, I believe his name is Gary, from Ohio, and the seller name above, please help him to understand the error of his ways. Other than that all I can say to the group is "Caveat Emptor" or "let the buyer be ware".
Anybody else believe the diff between a CB160 and CB77 is a "technical absurdity"?