View Single Post
Unread 10-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

So my damn bike wouldn't fire today! It turned over just "OK" and I could smell fuel.

I cleaned the terminals extra good on the top and the bottom then bolted them back to the battery... same thing. Well the dirty terminals can cause a loss in amps and also be a hindrance to the system as it tried to charge the battery while riding.

I went ahead and cleaned my terminals as they were kinda dirty... almost looked like WD40 residue on em or something. Then I put it on the Battery Tender and it's taking a long time to charge today... somethings up. I think my turn signal integrator is toaste and causing a drain on the system. I did also find a small exposed nip in the positive cable that could easily arch and cause problems so I wrapped it up tight. I'll take before and after readings tomorrow when I ride. Something is up and it isn't the HID light!

Clean Clean Clean those battery terminals and connections! Make sure and get underneath just like I'm pointing out in this pic.

And scrub the Battery Tender connector as well. Make sure things are real good and tight. I forgot to put a dab of blue threadlock on them today. I need to remember that when I get back from my ride and check the voltage tomorrow. :P